Game of Thrones final season dead pool (spoiler alert)

Blab about the Boob Tube.
Lunkhead
Numanoid
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Game of Thrones final season dead pool (spoiler alert)

Post by Lunkhead » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm

The final season is coming! Who are your picks to die? My first inclination is "everybody" of course!

Also, spoiler alert if you haven't watched through the end of season 7 yet. Some info below may spoil things for you.

The Knight King - I doubt they're going to end it with a permanent Long Night, so, this guy's gotta go, probably at the end of the second act of the final episode, leaving 20-30 minutes for an epilogue

House Lannister - ending the whole house of Lannister would probably be good for whatever world is left after the season is over
Jamie Lannister - he's finally had a change of heart and decided to go do the heroic thing, I'm thinking he'll die in battle with the dead in the North
Cersei Lannister - if they don't kill her off that would be nearly as bad as the dead vanquishing the living, I don't think it will be Jamie that kills her, see above, maybe it will be Tyrion
Tyrion Lannister - this show loves delivering emotional gut punches to the audience and I bet this would be a big one

House Targaryen - I suspect this house will survive, but maybe only in the form of a newborn child
Jon Snow - I'd put his odds at 50/50, mostly because it seems like it would be uncharacteristically upbeat if he made it through, but, who knows, he's survived death once
Daenarys - same here, if they have her get pregnant with Jon's baby though (which seemed to be foreshadowed by a conversation they had) I'd say she's toast

House Stark - the three kids left are definitely survivors but I don't think they'll all make it
Sansa Stark - I think she'll force Arya to flee Winterfell with Bran, and then stay behind to lead the fight against the dead, but, ultimately lose

House Greyjoy - I think one of the younger generation will survive
Huron Grejyoy - this guy sucks, please kill him
Yara or Theon - I don't think they'll both make it but I'm not sure who will bite it

There are still so many characters left alive in spite of the show's fervor for slaying characters. They've only got six episodes so I don't know how many of the remaining folks can be killed off with their deaths having any real impact. Given how shoddy some of season 7 was I'm a bit concerned they're going to wipe out bunches of people at once in big battles, resulting in their deaths being sadly inconsequential. But significant loose ends to tie up include:

Ser Davos - I'd say his odds are not good
Melisandre - supposedly she's coming back, if so I bet she dies
Brienne of Tarth, The Hound, etc. - a lot of amazing warriors will probably die in battle
ujnhunter
Team Drizzy
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.7x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)

Re: Game of Thrones final season dead pool (spoiler alert)

Post by ujnhunter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:43 am

Bronn? Sam? Podrick FTW!
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Lunkhead
Numanoid

Post by Lunkhead » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm

A new trailer came out and it's making me think they're going to wipe out most of the remaining "heroes" en masse in an epic battle against the dead at Winterfell.
ken
Goulddigger
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: BLA modded MOTU 828mk2, Cubase 5, UAD-2
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:43 am

How very Shakespearean.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
fluffy
Juggalo
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet

Post by fluffy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm

given the way things are going, the top of my deadpool list is HBO itself.

(AT&T has not been good for them. Most of the folks I worked with have either left or been laid off, and even Richard Plepler, the long-time CEO, is gone now.)
Lunkhead
Numanoid

Post by Lunkhead » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:24 pm

fluffy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm
given the way things are going, the top of my deadpool list is HBO itself.

(AT&T has not been good for them. Most of the folks I worked with have either left or been laid off, and even Richard Plepler, the long-time CEO, is gone now.)
Aw man. That sounds rough. :(
Lunkhead
Numanoid

Post by Lunkhead » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 pm

I guess I should be grateful to some degree that Pandora didn't get acquired by a telco. :/