Red Warrior Needs Reviews Badly (Blue Woman Yes reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: Red Warrior Needs Reviews Badly (Blue Woman Yes reviews)

Post by Caravan Ray »

I actually wrote and recorded a song for this title - but didn’t enter. I was on holidays. I challenged my friends son - an excellent musician - but he couldn’t do s song on a week

Anyway - I really must rejoin this community as a productive member. I have been slack.
thirdcat
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, bass, keys, drums, programming
Submitting as: Third Cat

Post by thirdcat »

Pigfarmer Jr wrote: I hope you don't mind.
Ha! Of course not, I'd have to be pretty ridiculous to think I have a copyright on bending pitch. Sounds cool, looking forward to hearing what you did.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

As for the podcast comments:
1) I think it is Ryan that has the pet peeve about people mentioning how much time is spent on a songfight entry. Here is the entire quote he was referring to. It is in response to a statement about being more "adventurous" in the submitted recordings:
Pigfarmer Jr wrote:I hear you. To be honest, I'm usually treating these songfight entries as song skirmishes (more or less.) An hour or two tops and usually at the last minute if I find time. But it looks like, after this weekend, I should have more free time to actually give songfight the proper attention it deserves.... if I don't get distracted with something else.
As you can (hopefully) see, this was intended as an apology. (I've put the pertinent part in bold.) I really don't see how saying that it took two hours or less to record a song with an arrangement that is literally, one acoustic guitar track, one vocal track and an 8 bit chip tune repeating drum loop and bass line could possibly be interpreted as "humble bragging" whatever the [redacted] that means. If anything, I think I should be ashamed that I spent that much time on a song that was panned by almost everyone as needing a better arrangement. (Btw, I agree completely.)

And I surely hope that someone who is limited on time will still put a songfight entry into the hat. Please don't be afraid to enter the challenge just because someone else may arbitrarily feel that the amount of time put into the fight wasn't enough.

2) I'm actually pretty proud of the lyric. I appreciate the opinion and feedback on the actual song and definitely want you guys to be honest, and I realize that the subject matter is pretty ordinary, but I like that lyric quite a bit.

3) I hope this only came off as slightly pissy. I do enjoy the podcasts and hope you guys continue to review the songs.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
thirdcat
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, bass, keys, drums, programming
Submitting as: Third Cat

Post by thirdcat »

Got to listen to the podcast tonight, nice "Buddy Holly" parody, + that "third car" worked for the lyric!

Interesting hearing your comments on all of the songs for sure.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Yeah, the parodies in the podcast were well done and entertaining. I like how you mostly played them off as legit, except your guest. I couldn't tell if you sprung those on him without any context and he was genuinely confused, or if he was in on the joke, which in and of itself was funny.

Anyway, the results are in, BSS wins by a nose!