SpinTunes online songwriting contest subforum
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Welcome to the SpinTunes Sidefight!

Post by BoffoYux »

Welcome to the SpinTunes sidefight. Since there has been so much overlap between it and and Nur Ein, I asked if we could have a forum section to post updates and reviews. Here it is!

SpinTunes was born in the ashes of Masters of Song Fu and the 'Too Much Awesome' Ning group in 2010. Groups have about a week to write a new original song to a prompt challenge. They are played at a listening party, judged, and go through an elimination (or sometimes a wild card reinstatement) phase. The field is whittled down to a 4 round final group where a champion is crowned.

SpinTunes #15 Round 1 Challenge goes live on Saturday October 27th.
First song is due 11:59 pm on Sunday November 4th
The Listening Party will be on Monday November 5.

Sending in a Profile is preferred in advance if you're making a song - it gives everyone a way to see who is competing, and also links to show off your past works. For SpinTunes #15, this is not mandatory.

SpinTunes entries can be submitted other contests simultaneously, as long as they fit the challenge prompt. So, it's fine if you do an overlapping SongFight/SpinTunes entry, but you might get dinged in SongFight voting by some people if you do.

Check out the FAQ, Schedule, and 'Official Rules'.

And Thanks for joining the fun!

Tommy G
Resident Listening Party Host
Last edited by BoffoYux on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leighdf
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Keyboard, Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass), Harmonica, various other stuff.
Recording Method: Reaper (native Linux client on Ubuntu)
Submitting as: Dr. Lindyke

Re: Welcome to the SpinTunes Sidefight!

Post by leighdf »

For those that don't know, I'm Dave (aka the verbal half of "Dr. Lindyke"), and I'm the new and current manager of SpinTunes. Thanks Tom, and a big thanks to Lunkhead and JB, Spud, and anybody else who helped coordinate this. Some of our best competitors in SpinTunes have been from SongFight, and I hope we can return the favor.
--
I was born too young. And when I die, I'll still be too young.
thirdcat
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, bass, keys, drums, programming
Submitting as: Third Cat

Post by thirdcat »

I think I signed up for this but not entirely sure my entry went through.
leighdf
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Keyboard, Guitar (acoustic, electric, bass), Harmonica, various other stuff.
Recording Method: Reaper (native Linux client on Ubuntu)
Submitting as: Dr. Lindyke

Post by leighdf »

thirdcat wrote:I think I signed up for this but not entirely sure my entry went through.
You're in. I'm spending some time every day in physical therapy (rotator cuff surgery), so you won't get immediate responses from me, but as of now I've sent email confirmation to everyone who has signed up so far using the on-line form.
--
I was born too young. And when I die, I'll still be too young.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: Spintown & Company
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Spintown »

Dave told me about this today, so I had to stop by to see it for myself. Cool to see both communities come together a little more. Props to those involved in this.