Who is in Los Angeles?

Organize yourselfs.
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks
Pronouns: n/a

Who is in Los Angeles?

Post by mo »

Hey Fighters,

This is mo. I was around here for a while back in the early aughts and then I moved to a different country for like, oh, 15 years or so. Now I'm back in the US and am living in Los Angeles. Who's here? I'm looking for people to play music with!

mo
Æpplês&vØdkã
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums, bass, synths, guitar, whatever else is around.
Recording Method: Tascam dp006, Shure SM-58, FL studio
Submitting as: Phlebia

Re: Who is in Los Angeles?

Post by Æpplês&vØdkã »

I'm not, but I'm another person who was here a lot in the mid aughts, got my recording set-up and attention diverted away for a decade or so, and now wanna get back into this. Wound up marrying a woman named Mo in the interim. But I'm near Atlanta so none of that matters.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

stateshirt is still in the LA area but he hasn't been around here in several years. prayformojo just moved out of LA, I think maybe to the OC or something, and he hadn't been around the boards or anything for ages either. I'm kinda surprised we haven't had more folks from big music towns like LA, NY, or Nashville participating. Maybe we should run some Facebook ads in those cities to see if we can lure in any new folks ... ?
mo
Mean Street
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks

Post by mo »

yes, this thread has been surprisingly useless. I guess I could contact State Shirt--we're linked on other social media anyway. Maybe I can scam some sweet-ass Strymon pedals out of him hahahahahaha (I stan Strymon btw, I love my Flint and El Capistan)
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

I am not in LA, but you should know that I still listen to Stronger Than because it's one of the best songs ever, so thank you.
.sig
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

How do we get more LA people involved? I'd be willing to spend a few bucks on some Facebook ads or something if anybody thought that would help. Maybe there are open mics or other live events where you could meet some folks who might want to get involved? I met Lily of Lily Plus Martin at a very cool local event called "Instant Band Night" and told her about Song Fight. On the other hand that was the first time after 15+ years where I've told someone about Song Fight and they then actually went and did it (or did it more than once at least, I think I've told a couple folks who tried it out one time and then stopped). Usually people are just like "Yeah, sounds cool" and then don't do it. I think it's just kind of a hard sell these days what with YouTube and TikTok and streaming services and there not being much novelty anymore to producing your own music on your laptop. I know a couple other folks in LA who write songs and play music who I think I've told about it but I think they are "too serious" about their songwriting to write songs in a hurry for random titles.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Can you sort FAWM and 50/90 members by city anymore? I don't think so (at least not on FAWM.) But that'd probably be where I'd start to get music collaborators.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

Lunkhead wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:40 pm
"too serious" about their songwriting to write songs in a hurry for random titles.
Meanwhile, we are too serious about our songwriting to NOT write songs in a hurry for random titles.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
mo
Mean Street

Post by mo »

gizo wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:02 pm
I am not in LA, but you should know that I still listen to Stronger Than because it's one of the best songs ever, so thank you.
Wow, I didn’t see this earlier, what a nice thing to say. Thanks Gozo!

One good idea every twenty years or so isn’t bad, right? :D :D :D