Deals On Gear and Software

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
ujnhunter
Team Drizzy
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.7x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)

Re: Deals On Gear and Software

Post by ujnhunter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:20 am

It Might Get Loud Productions (Soon to be Ugritone?) has a free Drum VST, Anarchy Drums, for signing up to their mailing list... you can unsubscribe after getting the VST if you want to I suppose. Here: https://www.itmightgetloud.org/

STL Tones just acquired (?) Ignite Amps or something and they've just released the EMISSARY 2.0 Plugin Bundle which includes NADIR 2.0 and some impulse responses for free here: https://www.stltones.com/products/stl-i ... -in-bundle

Also a new website popped up recently that deals with Guitar Amp Sim software and they've put together some nice free VST/IR for all your Guitar/Bass recording needs here: https://honestampsimreviews.com/downloads/
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Lunkhead
Numanoid
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:25 am

I finally fell for a Stupid deal. Folks here may be interested in this too. It's an all solid mahogany Fender Paramount series parlor shape acoustic-electric guitar with custom Fishman electronics and a deluxe hardshell case, down from $800 to $400. Insanely cheap for an all solid wood guitar (as opposed to laminate like most cheap guitars) with the reasons being that it's made in China and it's deeply discounted. I ordered one. I'm thinking I can very likely sell it for the same amount if I decide I don't like it.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars ... 5000001000

Assuming it's not a lemon, it seems like a really great deal for anybody on a low budget for whom their playing would fit the parlor style body (really good for finger picking they say).
Lunkhead
Numanoid

Post by Lunkhead » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 am

Today's stupid deal could be a good one for folks here. If you're on a budget and you're looking to step up to using a large diaphragm condenser mic (aka the kind of mic you generally should be using on your vocals if you want them to sound really good) instead of e.g. your phone or your laptop's mic, today's deal is the MXL V250 Condenser Microphone down from $200 to just $60. You'll need an audio interface or mic preamp that provides phantom power. And I highly recommend using a pop screen and keeping 6" from the mic and running your vocals through a hi-pass EQ filter and a compressor and some reverb etc. :P

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-aud ... ductDetail
Pigfarmer Jr
Jepsie
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:34 am

Lunkhead wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:25 am
It's an all solid mahogany Fender Paramount series parlor shape acoustic-electric guitar with custom Fishman electronics and a deluxe hardshell case.
Assuming it's not a lemon, it seems like a really great deal for anybody on a low budget for whom their playing would fit the parlor style body (really good for finger picking they say).
Any reviews? Too late for the stupid deal (by a day or two, it looks like :roll: ) but how is it?
You can listen to or download my album for free at:
http://tcelliott.bandcamp.com/

As of 30 March 2019
Unique art entries: 148
Fights with art submission: 97
Current streak: 62

Ad astra per alia porci - Steinbeck
(To the stars on the wings of a pig.)
Lunkhead
Numanoid

Post by Lunkhead » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:00 am

So far I'd say it's fine. There's nothing wrong with it but on the other hand for some reason I'm not necessarily in love with it right off. Partly I've never really played parlor style acoustic before so maybe there is some adjustment there. I've pretty much only played dreadnoughts. In spite of being solid wood I have to say it still feels a little light and cheap. It plays and sounds pretty good although the action gets pretty high by the 12th fret. I may have to try to adjust the truss rod a tiny bit. I haven't tried the electronics yet. Overall the jury's still out, honestly. The case it came with is very nice though, haha. As I thought going into it, if ultimately I decide I don't love it I will probably try to sell it for what I paid for it.
ken
Goulddigger
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: BLA modded MOTU 828mk2, Cubase 9, UAD-2
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken » Thu May 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang