I figured we would keep about the same time frame as last year's Nur Ein, with SF Live being in August. So that means it's about that time.
Nur Ein (it's German for "Only One")
* 25 Bands enter into the Nur Ein but in the end, there can be only one winner.
* Each fight will take eight days to complete and will be a challenge of skill, creativity and a battle against time.
* On Day 1, a song title will be named (as chosen by the host and the jury). It will not be a songfight title as the sidefight will run on its own timeframe.
* With every title, there will be non-optional challenge attached. Some of the challenges have included: No guitar, No rhyming, Female vocals.
* The bands will have 5 days to complete the challenge song.
* This year the songs will not be self-hosted. I have enough webspace to host the songs and will be happy to do so.
* After the deadline, the songs will be strung into a podcast or hosted stream that can be enjoyed, while the Jury deliberates.
* Reviews and loud talking is encouraged but the jury will not be swayed (except by large bribes).
* On the 8th day, the jury will make their decision and some fighters will be eliminated. Here's the elimination breakdown:
Stage 0: X bands, X-25 eliminations
Stage 1: 25 bands, 5 eliminations
Stage 2: 20 bands, 5 eliminations
Stage 3: 15 bands, 4 eliminations
Stage 4: 11 bands, 4 eliminations
Stage 5: 7 bands, 3 eliminations
Stage 6: 4 bands, 2 eliminations
Stage 7: 2 bands, the vote of the exiles chooses the winner.
* The band with the jury's favorite song gets immunity. Only rounds 1-4 are immunity rounds.
* If the songs are of exceptional quality, we can adjust the amount of eliminations to add extra rounds.
*On that 8th day, after the eliminations are made, the new challenge title is released and the next stage begins.
Got the idea. Cool. Then let's begin. Sign up here to participate in Round Zero, where all are welcome but only 25 make it to the big show.
This year's judges are myself, sp00n, Rabid Garfunkel, Merisan and Puce.
Round Zero would start on April 27th (just like last year) @ 1PM EST.
Projected Dates are as follows:
Sunday April 27th to Monday May 5th
Monday May 5th to Tuesday May 13th
Tuesday May 13th to Wednesday May 21st
Wednesday May 21st to Thursday May 29th
Thursday May 29th to Friday June 6th
Friday June 6th to Saturday June 14th
Saturday June 14th to Sunday June 22nd
Sunday June 22nd to Monday June 30th
Last edited by GlennCase
on Fri May 02, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the projected dates