Songfighter Interviews

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Ajax the Least
A New Player

Songfighter Interviews

Post by Ajax the Least »

Hello all; you don't know me, but I'm writing a paper on the Song Fight phenomenon and community. When I'm finished, it will be posted on songfight.net. I'm interested in conducting several short interviews with various songfighters, via e-mail or phone, whichever is most convenient. I'd like to hear any and all perspectives: veteran or just starting out, champion or underdog; anybody with the time to talk. If you'd be interested, please e-mail me at byron.a.campbell-1@ou.edu so we can set something up. Thank you all for your time!
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Why not post some general questions here - I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses.

Otherwise feel free to PM or email me if you want a token antipodean
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

I don't know anything, but I'd be happy to tell you that in fancier words.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Southwest_Statistic
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic

Post by Southwest_Statistic »

Me to.
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

You to where?
Southwest_Statistic
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic

Post by Southwest_Statistic »

Exactly.
Ajax the Least
A New Player

Post by Ajax the Least »

Thank you to everybody who's responded; I think that will be plenty to start with. However, if you have something particularly important to say, and haven't already contacted me, feel free to say it here. For the people that did e-mail me, I'll be getting to you hopefully before the week's end with an e-mail of some general questions to get started. Based on those, we'll continue with one or a few more e-mails of more individualized questions/discussion.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

It would be very nice if you could also give us back a summary of your results. My guinness-addled brain is telling me that this sort of thing has come up before, and probably will again, so it would be cool to be able to refer people to a big collection of q-and-a to get them started.
Ajax the Least
A New Player

Post by Ajax the Least »

I'm pretty certain I could do that, but of course I'd need the permission of each of the people I interview first. But yeah, that would probably be a good idea, especially with the more basic questions I'll be asking. Ciao for now.