A parade, or a marathon?! (A Grand Parade reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Henrietta
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vox, Kazoo
Recording Method: None
Submitting as: Quimby, Nouveau Pauvre
Pronouns: she/her

Re: A parade, or a marathon?! (A Grand Parade reviews)

Post by Henrietta »

Cannonade Streete: I enjoyed the overall vibe here. In the middle sections, the tambourine seems to feel a bit lonely. 1:21 might be a nice spot to switch up the percussion. Ah, but then the drums return and the sun is out again.

Caravan Ray: Yes, this is fun. I really enjoyed the layers of vocals and guitars. Some moments seem busy, but parades are like that.

Carol Cleveland Sings: This is amazing. Too short, but somehow still filled to the brim with awesome. I can almost imagine a parallel universe in which it becomes the beloved theme for a Songfight tv show. “Previously, on Songfight…”

The Chebuctones: I enjoyed your song, well done lyrics. The mood of the music feels more cheerful than the situation, which I think, signals the resilience of the main character.

Chthonic Black: When it comes to whiskey I wouldn’t know Lagavulin from Jim Beam. Likewise, any metal genre is lost on me. I really like how you built up the intro.

Chumpy and Chumpy vs. Lichen Throat: Woah.. is this the same melody? It’s really cool having these 2 versions out at the same time. Meta coverfight! I enjoyed both, I’m partial towards the style of Chumpy vs. Lichen Throat.

Cloverdance: This is fun. I like the catchy chorus being right up front.

Cybronica & Estaphonia: Wait.. is this just AI toying with me? Thankfully not! Great performance.
micosaudad
A New Player
Submitting as: micosaudad

Post by micosaudad »

Chumpy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:07 pm
..amazing level of effort
For a review that ended with 'this was a chore to listen to' I have to say that I don't think I've ever had a more thorough discussion of a song that I'd written. Your review was a a joy to listen to. Thanks so much for the effort and care here in the reviews.
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Post by BoffoYux »

I'm 6+ hours into the 'Two Jerks One Vote' podcast and you folks have outdone yourselves. Quite the enjoyable commute while listening to the history, cajoling, trash talking and general tomfoolery you 3 managed during that epic marathon of recording.

I just had to play 6+ hours of songs over 2 evenings for the listening parties. You had to put brain cells together to review them.
I also loved the history lesson on who was who in which band. I still have no idea who half of the people in them are, but at least I'm getting better picking out playing and vocals from the same person.

A pet project I was thinking about but don't have the skills/knowledge on -
I thought it might be fun to basically drop a pin on a google map for locations on where all the bands/members live, so we can see how far apart we all are, yet are connected by SongFight, especially for the 1000th fight. Thought that might make a fun infographic.

I also was going to attempt to do the voting results follow-up for the FB groups. I think I hit a few of the oldsters there to put in a song for the fight when they hadn't read the forums in a while. I can't get to the discord at work, but they haven't managed to block the forums yet.

New LP tonight for SF #1001 - see you there!