Songfight! T-Shirts

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Nice hint Starfinger ;)

My t-shirt came today and it's very warm and nice. Thanks Josh :)
Songfighter since back in the day.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

dre wrote:i just noticed TVIYH in the back of the shirt..
what ever happen to eric ?
dunno, i was supposed to meet him for a beer last weekend, but he never responded to multiple pm's...
hope he's ok!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

Lunkhead wrote:I just got mine. Hooray! It looks great. Good job CHack! now we need to figure out how to get you fighting again...
I just need a DAW that doesn't suck. Pro Tools broke when I upgraded to Tiger, so I went out and blew my last $500 on an M-Audio firewire Solo and Pro Tools M-Powered, and now all I get is DAE error -1092. I might have to downgrade my OS, i don't know. But that means I need to buy an external drive to backup everything to. Which I need to do anyway. After I get a paycheck. Which is taking forever to come.

Jazz, are we ever gonna see the recordings? If you can't or won't, hand over the tapes and I'll figure out a way to at least get the audio out of them.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

That sucks. You have Pro Tools M-Powered 6.8r2, right?

http://www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/ma/

Have you tried everything people mention on their forums:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php? ... o=&fpart=1

Like uninstalling all protools instances (particularly any 6.8 installs) then installing 6.8r2, etc.?
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

HeuristicsInc wrote:
dre wrote:i just noticed TVIYH in the back of the shirt..
what ever happen to eric ?
dunno, i was supposed to meet him for a beer last weekend, but he never responded to multiple pm's...
hope he's ok!
-bill
I just spoke to him a few days ago and he's doing okay. His job and the work on his new home have been keeping him very busy so he hasn't been able to do the music stuff lately. But he & Asya (Verbatim) are doing just fine and will hopefully be back around SF soon.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

My shirt came today. That logo's fantastic. I'm going to wear it tomorrow. Thanks.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Bjam
Ice Cream Man

Post by Bjam »

"Byam and Stooooym? Idiot Kings? TuhVuhYih? TeeVeeEeeYeeHee? Tee Vee Eye Why H? Hm."

A lot of people loved the baseball/guitar/Songfight logo thang and asked where they could get a shirt(before they saw the back and the SF affiliation).
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

c hack wrote:Jazz, are we ever gonna see the recordings? If you can't or won't, hand over the tapes and I'll figure out a way to at least get the audio out of them.
Yes, I promise it's the first thing on my list when my laptop is repaired. It died three weeks ago, or I'd be sending everyone DVDs already! I have to go bitch out the tech support guys tomorrow because no way does it take three weeks to fix a powerbook, or figure out that it's beyond repair. I know everyone's been waiting and waiting, and I apologize, but I'm not ready to give up on doing it myself just yet.
Let cake eat them.
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

My friends in Corn on the Cob and I love our T-Shirts. A band photo, taken while recording a songfight song, all of us in the shirts, will be coming along soon.
drë
Ice Cream Man
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Post by drë »

boltoph wrote:My friends in Corn on the Cob
did you guys take that name from a mitch headberg joke ??
".......mitch all togehter."
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

the Jazz wrote:
c hack wrote:Jazz, are we ever gonna see the recordings? If you can't or won't, hand over the tapes and I'll figure out a way to at least get the audio out of them.
Yes, I promise it's the first thing on my list when my laptop is repaired. It died three weeks ago, or I'd be sending everyone DVDs already! I have to go bitch out the tech support guys tomorrow because no way does it take three weeks to fix a powerbook, or figure out that it's beyond repair. I know everyone's been waiting and waiting, and I apologize, but I'm not ready to give up on doing it myself just yet.
sweet! can't wait!
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

Lunkhead wrote:That sucks. You have Pro Tools M-Powered 6.8r2, right?

http://www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/ma/

Have you tried everything people mention on their forums:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php? ... o=&fpart=1

Like uninstalling all protools instances (particularly any 6.8 installs) then installing 6.8r2, etc.?
Yeah, I have 6.8r2, but I haven't tried what people are suggesting on the forums. Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

The carrier pigeons have arrived battered and bloody from their trip across the Pacific - and today I was the coolest looking person at the Brisbane Guitar Expo. Thanks C-Hack!

(mind you - it's not hard to look good in a crowd full of muso types - I hope there aren't any musicians reading this - but they really are seriously ugly people. It's not all Kylie Minogue and Justin Timberlake you know. I'd never seen so much bad skin, patchy beards, black t-shirts, greasy hair and bodies which were either one of two types - the beer-gut and arse-crack model (a la The Simpson's 'Comic Book Store Guy'), or the heroin-skeleton look. Thank God I'm still gorgeous.)
boltoph
Panama

Post by boltoph »

dre wrote:
boltoph wrote:My friends in Corn on the Cob
did you guys take that name from a mitch headberg joke ??
".......mitch all togehter."
Heh, nope we just were cracking phallic jokes while eating corn on the cob and then decided to call ourselves that.

From wikiquote:

"You know they call corn on the cob, corn on the cob, but that's how it comes out of the ground, man. They should call that "corn." They should call every other version "corn off the cob." It's not like if you cut off my arm you would call it "Mitch." Then reattach it and call me "Mitch-all-together." - Mitch Headberg

Rest in Peace, Mitch!
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

Failed to mention this, but I have been practically living in the shirt, as I expected, since it arrived a couple of days ago.

I think I am a T-shirt junkie. Next on the T-shirt want list? <a href="http://www.questionablecontent.net/shir ... elarge.png" target="Blank">PintSize T-shirt!</a>

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

It's been a while, so I thought I'd say I'm lovin' this shirt. Just lovin' it.

roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

Yeah, of all the t-shirts I own, my SFL shirt is one that gets a lot of "cool shirt" comments from friends and random strangers. More than my "Join the Army - it's like XBOX, only you die" shirt, but not quite so many as my "More cowbell" shirt. Taking second place after Christopher Walken ain't half bad.
Let cake eat them.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man

Post by Bjam »

My "More cowbell" shirt gets more comments(But I just think that's because it's a kinda snug t-shirt, and... well. yes. Breasts win over snazzy logos, I guess.) But the SF tshirt gets a lot of love. Any musicy/bandy people I meet think it's cool just for the gutiar smashing, and then I explain SF and they are even more intrigued. Woo.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man

Post by mkilly »

I adore, and am adored in, my shirt. That logo is golden. I swear.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

It's like the old saying, why buy the milk when you can get the cowbell for free? Also, my sf shirt is every bit as awesome as the rest of y'all's.
boltoph
Panama

Post by boltoph »

r0k

(weird blurry ava of me jamming with SF shirt on)
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »