"Tookie had Tourette's, yo." (Cryptic Comment Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Re: "Tookie had Tourette's, yo." (Cryptic Comment Reviews)

Post by blue »

voting determined solely on your ability to tag an effing mp3 file.

aard: can't hear it. - succeeded.

andre: really dig this. cool groove, good changes. this is something i'd actually listen to an album of. great job. - failed. :(

boltons: little too smooth for me. - succeeded!

caravizzle: mumbly. is this your pink floyd phase? - failed :(

dirty hairs: poor. succeeded!

flappy: weird and flat. the sha-nahs are nice. - failed.

glenn kizzle: sorry to say it, but the drums really take away from this. need a grooooove in there. awesome vox and gitter. nice little shot of the tritone. great tune. - succeeded!

the hand formula: great little tune. roll the bass off of your vocals. - succeeded!

ip: boltophish. oops, now it's melvinish. ooooh god, now it's terrible. - succeeded!

J Mannsfield: the game jew rocks the rhymes on time, yo. cute and - succeeded!

KMS: scattered. - succeeded!

lithium institute: if this breaks into techno i'm going to burn your effing house down. it's undanceable! nice job. i'm gonna skip the rest, but this is an OK little electronic pastiche. i don't hate it any more than the average Rush song. - succeeded!

denyer: winner. - succeeded!

neon tigers: of all the places this could have gone, drum machine hell wasn't what i was guessing. that is one terrible damn pattern. - succeeded!

nigel clements: this is funny. - succeeded!

noah m: ok, i get the leonard cohen thing, and it's not terrible. i think this'd be a lot more effective with the acoustic guitars muted down a little. they're awful jangly. - succeeded!

paco: is that fruity loops noise? awesome song. rewrite it without the terrible songfight title as the chorus :) - FAILED :(

raisin brain: why are you sandbagging 45 seconds of looped progression into a 4:14 song? get on with it. - succeeded!

shortwheelcity: not terrible, but very predictable. - FAILED

signboy: decent but not compelling. i dig the organ. - FAILED

steve durango: this is peppy. - succeeded!

swillington: extra points for getting on with it. you know, this is good stuff.. it's all straight tune underneath but the drums give it some weird. not sure the robot part adds. - FAILED

titans: meh - FAILED

damn hell etc: nah. succeeded!

lots of 4+ minute tunes in this fight. no one's gonna hear all the cool stuff you do at the end.

aaaand i end up voting for all the songs i didn't like and only 1 or 2 i did. good job, intertards.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: "Tookie had Tourette's, yo." (Cryptic Comment Reviews)

Post by Caravan Ray »

blue wrote:caravizzle: is this your pink floyd phase?
Ouch - you sure know how to hurt a guy.