Work, Dada, Dead Car

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Work, Dada, Dead Car

Post by GlennCase »

The order of my day.

1. Radio wasn't working in my car on the way to work. It's a 87 Buick Skylark, so I figure it might be time for the radio to die. Wasn't happy about it though.

2. Radio magically begins working again, I think "Oh, that must have been a fluke" and I safely drive to work.

3. Work for 9 hour shift at radio station (from 3PM to Midnight)

4. I REALLY had wanted to go see Dada perform live tonight, but had to work. I forgot about this show until just before I got home, and a Dada song popped up on random play.

5. It dawns on me: Maybe I might be able to catch the tail end of their set.

6. I make the decision to see if I can at least get my acoustic guitar signed.

7. Not only do I get to catch the tail end of the set, but I got to meet the guys in Dada, and they signed my guitar. Super nice people too.

8. Radio stops working on the way home again. Like a doofus I decide to see if turning off the ignition at a stoplight and starting the car again will help.

9. The car doesn't start.

10. It's like 2 in the morning, and my wife is asleep and cannot hear her phone, so I call my cousin Jeff. Thankfully this is only about 15 blocks away from my apartment, and he also lives close-by.

11. Jeff brings jumper cables, and we try to start my vehicle. Vehicle will start, but will not stay charged. It also will not drive home.

So, Jeff drove me home. I thanked him for his assistance, and my vehicle is about 15 blocks away right now. It could have been much worse, and under the circumstances? I am pretty freeking happy at the moment.

I have new cool signatures on my acoustic guitar :)

I will worry about whether I have alternator, battery, or other car troubles sometime tommorow. I am actually counting my lucky stars that it broke down as close as it did to home, and it wasn' t on the way to work or something.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

good news also is that your radio probably isn't dead after all...
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

Nope, the radio is fine!

Special thanks to my cousin Jeff for helping me through all of this...

Update:

1. Bought new battery, took out old one.
2. Seemed better, but warning indicator for battery still lit.
3. Belts were fine.
4. Took out the alternator to have it tested.
5. Shuck's auto could not test my particular type of alternator.
6. Pieces from the inside of the alternator decide that now is a good time to fall in to my hand. The man behind the counter identified these pieces as diodes.

New alternator and a new battery, and my vehicle is running fine again.

I guess that is better than having to get a new car, anyway.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Just bought newest Dada CD last week, and although I've only heard it 2 1/2 times so far, I think it may eventually become my favorite of theirs, even eclipsing "American Highway Flower", if that's possible.

Delicious album.

Have never seen them live.