Organize yourselfs.
Kill Me Sarah
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, GarageBand
Recording Method: GarageBand, TonePort UXII, Reaper, MXL 990 & 991 Mics
Submitting as: Kill Me Sarah, Bonfire of the Manatees, Hurrikitten

Safety In Numbers - Drums and Bass needed

Post by Kill Me Sarah »

I put together a very quick rock song this afternoon for "There Is Safety In Numbers". It's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but someone might find it fun to put some drums and bass on it. If anyone does, I'll probably go back and re-do the vocals a little better. You can download the MP3 here. If you want you can just put it around that crappy mix. If you want to do it but are bent on doing it up right, I can upload my Krystal Audio project files but that's gonna be a two or three hundred MB worth to download. By the way, I've been out of the p2p game for a while. Are there any good clients for uploading massive files of that type directly, rather than having to upload it to FTP?

Let me know if anyone's interested.
"[...] so plodding it actually hurts a little bit" - Smalltown Mike
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

dear sarah:

i wish my drum set were unpacked from the boxes, and set up, and i knew how to play, and had the proper equipment for recording. sounds like this could be a fun tune to play along with.

if you would be satisfied with just bass, though, (or ideally if you could find drums elsewhere) i'd be down for trying to throw something together along those lines. (the only thing: these songs are due tomorrow right? i'd have to hurry up and figure something out and record it after work tonight i guess -- which would be at least 9pm eastern -- if you are able to wait that long).

i guess just let me know, and i'll see what i can do tonight, if you ask me to, or not, either way. (reply here, or pm, or whatever.)
Kill Me Sarah
Panama
Instruments: Guitar, GarageBand
Recording Method: GarageBand, TonePort UXII, Reaper, MXL 990 & 991 Mics
Submitting as: Kill Me Sarah, Bonfire of the Manatees, Hurrikitten

Post by Kill Me Sarah »

Hey there. I'm an East Coaster, so I don't have to have it submitted until 1:00 PM tomorrow, so you have plenty of time :) I'd love to have you put some bass on it. And if anyone else would be down with throwing down some quick and dirty drumming, let me know.

Also, could you send me the bass as an independent track, so I can mix it in? That might make it easier if I have you doing bass and someone else doing drums and since I'll probably put some additional finishing touches/re-editing tomorrow morning or tonight.
"[...] so plodding it actually hurts a little bit" - Smalltown Mike
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

well, i've just gotten home (about 10:30 pm) and won't be going to bed for some time... i will see what i can get done before bedtime and hopefully you'll have something that you can work with waiting for you by morning.