Titus

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Titus

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I just finished watching this and I'm just blown away. I wasn't familiar with this play, but it just trumps any of Shakespeare's other tragedies in terms of brutality and agony. Not only is the source material obviously incredible, but the direction is so bizarre and stylistic, but somehow manages to craft something really original and somehow meaningful in spite of threatening to be a hodgepodge of time periods and genre influences. There's even a scene where for some reason in roman times, a travelling squad of soldiers are wiedling modern-day combat shotguns. There are people driving cars straight from the 50s. Giant jazzy orgies, etc. But I bought it all for some reason. Oh, and Anthony Hopkins is (duh) amazing.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

hmm, brutality is right. i saw this one in the theater with a friend of mine, and it was good - but i totally don't want to see it again. i get the feeling it's more to your taste than mine ;)
anthony hopkins was really great in this - he had the right blend of emotion for this character, i think.
you can see why, i think, it's not a popular play of shakespeare's, though.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Absolutely, I mean it's really deeply disturbing in a way Shakespeare rarely ever touched upon.
Ikari
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Ikari »

I haven't seen this movie in a long time but it may be one of my favorite Shakespeare movies. A lot of them are pretty bad, haha.

Was that Allan Cummings in it? (Can't remember.) If it was I think that's the role that got me interested in his acting.
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

titus is deffinately my favorite
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>