SongFight Dreams

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

SongFight Dreams

Post by Adam! »

Last night I dreamt that I was at a SongFight live. For some reason it was in Kelowna, a mid-sized town in middle British Columbia, and it was at an open air venue. Everyone was sitting on nasty lawn chairs. Glenn was getting ready to play a set, but he couldn't find a capo. I was sitting next to Future Boy, and he was reluctantly showing me an instrumental he had just finished (which had some really great beats, by the way). Everyone was waiting for JB to arrive, but he never showed up.

The question: What does this all mean, and has it ever happened to you? Anyone had a SongFight dream?
Last edited by Adam! on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Re: SongFight Dreams

Post by erik »

Puce wrote:What does this all mean
capos are bad
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

You know what's totally weird? I had a songfight dream last night too....

I dreampt I did a collab with Sober. Isn't that totally fucking weird?

I ACTUALLY HAD TIME TO DO A COLLAB!!!

I ACTUALLY HAD TIME TO DO A SONGFIGHT AGAIN!!!!

...obviously we totally won.

What does it mean?

Also, what does it mean if two songfighters that are a mere 250 km away or so have a songfight dream on THE SAME NIGHT.

duh duh duh dummmmmmmm.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I had a SongFight! dream once. I dreamt that I was at a SongFight! show, specifically at the Sound Arena in Hollywood, I think. Loyalty Day had just played, and up next went a zombie Johnny Cash with Erin from Loyalty Day singing backup, and some people I didn't recognize as the rest of zombie Johnny Cash's band. I tried to get up on stage so I could rock out with zombie Johnny Cash but a bunch of people had already rushed up onto the stage and they kept pushing me off.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man

Post by Adam! »

Leaf: The odds are actually pretty good, because every night I dream of having enough free time to songfight. I have also dreamt that I did a collab with Sober. I remember it vividly, but checking the archives it turns out that I didn't.

Lunk: That's a really sad ending. Seriously, it tear’d me up. :(
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I had a dream that I was inside the Songfight webpage. I was rearranging all of the names where you vote so they said funny things like "monkey" and "pork". *shrugs* It was a very odd dream.
Songfighter since back in the day.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

Bjam wrote:I had a dream that I was inside the Songfight webpage. I was rearranging all of the names where you vote so they said funny things like "monkey" and "pork". *shrugs* It was a very odd dream.
And then you woke up and VOTED FOR YOUR FAVORITE CRAZY CRAZY MONKEY SONG ?
Henrietta
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vox, Kazoo
Recording Method: None
Submitting as: Quimby, Nouveau Pauvre
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Henrietta »

I had a dream last night that I checked the SF boards and read the following post:

Southwest Statistic reminds me of Pansy Division.
You are soooo wrong!!!
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Lat night I had a dream that involved Hoblit. Funny thing is, I can't remember what we were doing, but it DID not involve a nun, a watermelon and 3 D sized batteries.

Still, what the hell were you doing in my dream???

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!AREGNMGGGG<<hhhh.....
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I guess that's what happens when you spend 8 hours a day on the boards, Leaf. ;)
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Lunkhead wrote:I guess that's what happens when you spend 8 hours a day on the boards, Leaf. ;)

heyhey hey... I'm only at work for seven hours....
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i was awakened today at about 11:30am, when i only had set my alarm for 2pm. so i tried going back to sleep, and somewhere between various periods of restlessness i guess i fell asleep for a few minutes. anyway i came back to consciousness with a vague recollection of reading something on this here message board. and i think it went something like this.

jim tyrrell had responded to my comments on black sabbath in the "200 greatest songs" thread, saying he was a big fan of their first three albums or something like that. it struck me as odd, thinking of him as a black sabbath fan. then just as quickly i woke up. it's not much, but typically i don't remember my dreams these days because i sleep too long and allow myself to wake up when i'm ready to wake up (i.e. usually the REM cycle has concluded itself).
Gazelles
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Gazelles »

I had a dream that WreckdoM won a fight once.
Heather. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

Last night I had a dream that Jack Shite (as one of his many avatar incarnations) Frasier and Niles Crane (but I knew them as Jim of Seattle) and JB had all come over to my house in the middle of the night and they all wanted me to sing on various songs for various reasons, Frasier and Niles' (JoS) mother was sick and they wanted her to have a nice song, Jack said I owed it to him! and JB, well I don't know what he was doing there! The whole time I was worried about Phil becasue he hadn't come home or called for 2 days. Usually we talk a billion times a day.

Phil's interpretation is that since he has to work all day and night today, and since it's fight day (hopefully the songs go up quickly!) I will be spending the day and night with Songfight and not him (since I know damn well that I will be checking the board for reviews/comments more often than I should)!

Anyway, it was my first Songfight dream. :idea:
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

TVIYH: I like Sabbath well enough, but I don't have any of their albums. I had a cassette copy of Ozzy's first solo album, Blizzard of Ozz, and I was listening to it when I smoked my first cigarette.
This probably sheds no light on your odd dream, but perhaps it will influence future ones somehow. Or something.
SaxManRunning!
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by SaxManRunning! »

Holy Crap. You guys have song fight dreams... I'm going to run away now.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

I was in Heather's first Songfight dream! Sort of. My street cred just shot through the roof!
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Heather. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

:lol:

Oh Jim!
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
Adam!
Ice Cream Man

Post by Adam! »

Last night I dreamt I was driving to school and I saw J$'s car. I don't know how I knew it was his car (you don't happen to drive a beat up beige Honda, do you?), but he was in the suit he was photographed wearing at SF Live, Engrrrland. I tried to catch up to him to tell him his recent AAD was boss, but he couldn't hear me.

I don't claim it's interesting, but it happened.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Puce wrote:Last night I dreamt I was driving to school and I saw J$'s car. I don't know how I knew it was his car (you don't happen to drive a beat up beige Honda, do you?), but he was in the suit he was photographed wearing at SF Live, Engrrrland. I tried to catch up to him to tell him his recent AAD was boss, but he couldn't hear me.

I don't claim it's interesting, but it happened.
Har har! Funnily enough, I don't even have a license!

But I do wear that suit to work quite a lot.

And I hear you. Thanks, Dream-Puce!

j$