May 1, 2007

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

jack wrote:hey leaf, is he the one that you, me, and rob did that songfight tune for? for some reason, i thought his name was hedafine (or maybe i should lay off that crack....) :)

anyways, your third string is one of songfight's finest dude.

no...that was a friend that passed to cancer suddenly...as in diagnosed a month or so prior... another sad story eh.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Leaf wrote: eh.
:)
Hi!
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

I just took my Shakespeare final. Before that I woke up and ate toast. I have a study session for the final in my Holocaust (it's a class about the Holocaust, not a class that can be described as the Holocaust) class at 6. Then I have to go to work. Though I might go to the bar with friends between work and the study session...if I have time.

I also discovered this awesome video.

Finals are the boring part of the semester. It's mostly just waiting to be done.

The weather kicks ass here. :D
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I took my usual nap in math, then found out I have a 63 in it, which is a lot better than I was thinking. I'm absolutely sick of school, but whatever ... I'm in my last year. I also don't have to go to work today because the tool making my schedule has booked me off work a fair bit recently. Who cares ... I'm going to quit soon anyways. I just listened to one of Glenn Case's yacht rock covers. That's it so far. Time to study.
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

jolly roger wrote:found out I have a 63 in it, which is a lot better than I was thinking.
Ahhh. I remember the days. :)
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

fodroy wrote:I have a study session for the final in my Holocaust (it's a class about the Holocaust, not a class that can be described as the Holocaust) class at 6.
I'm off to a Holocaust symposium on Thursday. I'm prepared for an interesting but depressing time.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I'm testing build 9593 to see if a bugfix will make it into the next release candidate. I'm also listening to ambient abstract electronica (currently Remember Poland from the GWB remix fight). I'm also generally slacking and not doing a lot of useful stuff, and being generally pissy about stupid political crap at work.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Well, almost as if it was introduced just to plug my brand new songfight rip off, only with a bit of a UK twist: real men click here

Don't worry, I will be pimping this like a bitch for many moons to come.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

<a href="http://www.troyd.org/">Troy D</a> is coming by today, and I'm going to see if we can get his computer to record audio again. While he is there, we're going to attempt to collab on a song of some sort.

Housework is also going to be important today, as Rachael has guests visiting this weekend. I should probably clean the ferret cage and the catbox tonight. I should be able to hold off mowing the lawn until at least tomorrow, which is a good thing because our mower is very finnicky, and it makes me look forward to the task even less than if it worked perfectly.

Later this week I need to start work on the audio for the last episode of <a href="http://www.pbc-productions.com/CaptainS ... l">Captain S</a>, which is a project that has been sucking up a lot of my free time recently. The Half Racks CD is another high priority, as well as a project I am not at liberty to discuss just yet.

Still hoping to finish <a href="http://www.glenncase.com/tm-demo/">"Throw Money"</a> before July too.

ROCK!

Glenn Case
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Oi do you mind? How can i bitch-slap my new thang if you keep comin' along with something sexier? :)
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I dyed my hair(it had grown a good three inches since I dyed it reddish, so there was a weird two-tone thing going on. Not so great.) So now it's back to being just brown. Well "Warm Golden Brown" anyway. Ooh la la. Other than that, I did the normal school thing, and turned in five late papers for Lit. Always nice to get stuff cleared off.

Hurrah?
Songfighter since back in the day.
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

wrote and recorded the lyrics for my Nur Ein entry. Truth be told, the song is actually about when I went to see the band The Grates play at Heaven nightclub, and I was kicked out because of my footwear. I was wearing boots, which is just too hardcore for that indie-alt crowd.

The latest edition of White Dwarf arrived yesterday, with the Nemesis Crown campaign booklet in it. I think I'll take part this year, it sound like fun. Now I just have to figure out whether to use my Skaven or my Bretonnians. Oh, the decisions!

Its Simon's birthday today, so we are having cake for morning tea. On top of that, Lu and Michelle assaulted Lauren's office with toilet paper and tiny circular hole-punch offcuts in 'celebration' of her coming wedding this weekend.

In the meantime, I bottle up rage and prepare to punch some unsuspecting co-worker in the face.

EDIT: I also just found out that Hugo Weaving will be voicing Megatron in the new Transformers movie. Cool.
Heather. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

Well, I had a pretty busy day at work. I got there about 40 min late and was playing catch up the rest of the day. Lots of meetings and setting up training for people and stuff. I stayed late to make up my time. That sucked.

I also had a complimentary session with a Life Coach today. Back in March I went to a Women in Leadership seminar and the presenter was this life coach lady who had us figure out what is really important to us and how to get there, etc. She then scheduled individual sessions with us. Today I figure out that I need to make a budget and make a date with Phil. Not too difficult! She talked me into scheduling another session, but with all that money I'll save with my budget, it should be no problem. :wink: We'll see... It was very helpful though, even if it sounds hokey. I left the session feeling like a big weight was starting to lift.

I took the regular street to and from work today instead of the freeway to avoid traffic. I think it worked. I was able to go 35 mph instead of a mere stop and go 10. My question for all, but mostly for GoogleMaps, is "What does County Rd B turn into in Minneapolis"? I'll have to find out, because it was relatively traffic free and a much prettier drive.

Phil needed to work on his vocals for Nur Ein, so as soon as I got home I took the kids outside to play. We went on a "nature walk" and saw a big bumblebee, a bunch of ants, big dogs, a newborn baby, seed pods, tulips in bloom, and a hawk...all on our street in the city. It's fun to walk with little kids because they notice things that adults take for granted.

The weather was beautiful today and the lilacs are starting to bloom. I love Spring.

I just put the baby (she's not a baby anymore, she'll be 2 in July!) to bed. We read Good Dog Carl, The Runaway Bunny and The Wheels on the Bus, all her choices. Now it's time to start hassling Spencer to eat his dinner. Once he's in bed, I plan to dye my hair and shave my stubbly legs so I can wear a dress tomorrow. I have to do the litter box. It stinks!

That's all for now I guess... maybe I'll post again tonight, maybe not.
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
Reist
Hot for Teacher

Post by Reist »

I know I already posted, but I have to say this - I just got The Beatles - Love for 9 bucks! I've been on a pretty big Beatles kick lately, and hearing the songs remixed like that was pretty cool ... there are some that I'm not fond of, especially Octopus' Garden, since it's one of my top songs of all time ... the new mix doesn't really do it justice. However, I'm enjoying it. Okay. I won't post until tomorrow. Promise. Unless something exciting happens.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

Heather. Redmon. wrote:Once he's in bed, I plan to dye my hair and shave my stubbly legs so I can wear a dress tomorrow. I have to do the litter box. It stinks!
Our lives mirror so well :P (Except for the babies/husband thing of course).
Songfighter since back in the day.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Yesterday in Niv Land included: One son getting in trouble at school (not too bad just annoying situations), a two hour lunch at the Dumpling House (Yum), Large conversations on what it means to be "a hater", loads of Nur Ein entries, the return of Veronica Mars, one of my friends telling me she's moving to Pittsburgh and the cold realization that I missed an episode of Heroes (I'll catch it online). All in all, it was a day.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

this week's? we got it on videotape, just watched it in fact instead of doing a song post for today... dunno if there's any way to get it to ya tho. is online timely?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas