Free-stuff websites?

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Free-stuff websites?

Post by slowRodeo »

Has anyone ever used one of those Free-stuff websites like free ipods or mp3players for free? I signed up for one and i was wondering if anyone else has had success with it? Apparently its true.

http://www.freegratisproducts.com/proofpages.php

anyone used these before?
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous." - Smalltown Mike
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

All pyramid schemes work. All pyramid schemes also stop working.
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by slowRodeo »

mmm insightful
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

further insight: they all stop working right before you find out about them.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

15-16 puzzle wrote:All pyramid schemes work
for some people.
15-16 puzzle wrote:All pyramid schemes stop working
They rely on constant movement. Stop one cog and the whole thing collapses.
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by slowRodeo »

well hopefully it doesnt stop working. i signed up anyway. i have one referral so far. anyone want to get it in on the action? its hot. so hot it could be dropped.

http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=92364
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

I worked briefly in Sydney, Oz, selling crap door to door for one of those companies that had it's employee's dress like Jehova witness' and peddle flashlights, pens, diaries, and other shit!!! Oh, yeah, it was great. Crash into an office building,and try and sucker people into buying total crap! I lost money doing that, got ripped right off. I'd love to kick that fucker's ass, I was way too naive back then... live and learn I suppose.
slowRodeo
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by slowRodeo »

leaf that is hilarious.
MalachiConstant
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by MalachiConstant »

Leaf wrote:I worked briefly in Sydney, Oz, selling crap door to door for one of those companies that had it's employee's dress like Jehova witness' and peddle flashlights, pens, diaries, and other shit!!! Oh, yeah, it was great. Crash into an office building,and try and sucker people into buying total crap! I lost money doing that, got ripped right off. I'd love to kick that fucker's ass, I was way too naive back then... live and learn I suppose.
Haha, yeah, when I was in college I got a "job offer" and showed up for an "interview" only to find out it was with 20 other people and they wanted us to sell knives door-to-door. Back then I was too timid to get up and leave. Nowadays I'd tell em to fuck off and take as many people with me as I could.

But yeah, the free ipod thing seems legit. Wired had an article about it a while ago. Basically these companies get paid to get people to subscribe to various services even if they cancel before the free trial period is up, so they give out an iPod and get ten trial-subscribers. The only ones losing money is the companies that offer the services, but they seem to think it's still a good deal.
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Post by starfinger »

hey, i got suckered into going to one of those knife-selling recruitment sessions. what a load of crap.

also, if anybody is interested in a free flat screen, i got your referrals <a href="http://www.freeflatscreens.com/default. ... 544">right here!</a>

-craig
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

starfinger wrote:hey, i got suckered into going to one of those knife-selling recruitment sessions. what a load of crap.

also, if anybody is interested in a free flat screen, i got your referrals <a href="http://www.freeflatscreens.com/default. ... 544">right here!</a>

-craig
But the art of knife-selling will give you the edge in today's busy, competitive world, Starf :)
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Very punny.

The only thing I learned is to hate those people. What a pathetic lifestyle...sorry if anyone here is a door to door crap-peddling salesman, but I'd rather deal weed than ever do that again. Course, the dealing weed part is silly...I'd just end up smoking it all.

Hypothetically.

Cause we all know that would be immoral and wrong...you know, smoking weed. I mean, sure , God created it, and made it burnable, and created zig zags, though hypothetically, I prefer hemp papers myself....

...ok...I'm not in quit mode anymore. Pretty sad when I get so lost in a post that I forget what the topic is....oh yeah, free shit.

Free shit is good.
Send me an mp3 player.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Leaf wrote:I worked briefly in Sydney, Oz, selling crap door to door for one of those companies that had it's employee's dress like Jehova witness' and peddle flashlights, pens, diaries, and other shit!!! Oh, yeah, it was great. Crash into an office building,and try and sucker people into buying total crap! I lost money doing that, got ripped right off. I'd love to kick that fucker's ass, I was way too naive back then... live and learn I suppose.
Sorry to hear my countrymen treated you so poorly Leaf. That's a terrible way to treat our visitors...

but,
:lol: Heh heh! Canadian back-packers are always ripe for the picking. You can see the silly bastards coming a mile away with their blood maple leaves plastered over everything they own and their endless cries of "....I'm not American - I'm Canadian...actually, I'm, North American....". Still, they don't look as silly as the Germans. Don't get me started on them...
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Caravan Ray wrote:
Sorry to hear my countrymen treated you so poorly Leaf. That's a terrible way to treat our visitors...

but,
:lol: Heh heh! Canadian back-packers are always ripe for the picking. You can see the silly bastards coming a mile away with their blood maple leaves plastered over everything they own and their endless cries of "....I'm not American - I'm Canadian...actually, I'm, North American....". Still, they don't look as silly as the Germans. Don't get me started on them...
Or the Australians / Kiwis who turn up here by the shedload. I can't remember the last time I wasn't served in a pub by an Australian barman/maid :)
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

j$ wrote: Or the Australians / Kiwis who turn up here by the shedload. I can't remember the last time I wasn't served in a pub by an Australian barman/maid :)
Please don't connect us by punctuation marks to New Zealanders - you Englishman/Frenchman. :(

Funny you mention barmaids though. Obviously the situation is reversed over here - although often to extreme limits. I spent a while living in outback Queensland and was amazed how often I'd roll up into some godforsaken little one-pub town only to find some pert young Pommie lass looking terribly bored and being leered upon by the locals. I gather that there are employent agencies in the UK offering glamourous "Outback Adventure" style jobs for gullible young Brits - without letteing on that places like Normanton, Richmond and Cloncurry are hot, dry, dull and a long, long way from anywhere else. And even though the pub at McKinley was where they filmed Crocodile Dundee - Paul Hogan rarely drinks there anymore.
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

We get alot of aussie (strange. rhymes with "hussie") Bartenders here... I'd love to tell my story about the particular female I worked and lived with, but I fear it may be too much information for me to divulge via the internet... I'll tell you in person someday, cause I know you're dying to hear it....

hint... she was beggin for something.

hint.... I was pre-occupied with more pyschedlic things.

hint... very enpowering to turn down a hot chick.

...ok, forget telling you in person. My damn fingers have tourettes.