Challenge title = "Race to Zero"

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Challenge title = "Race to Zero"

Post by GlennCase »

Hey y'all,

Anyone feel like creating a song called "Race to Zero"?

How about completing and uploading it within the next 48 hours?

The inspiration for the title came from a number of listeners on thesixtyone.com that are choosing to empty their point totals down to nothing. You don't have to write the song about that, but you can read a little more about what's going on here. You can also check here and here.

Either way, post your compositions in this thread if you're able to rise to the challenge. That's right, I challenge you to write a song for this title... muthas!

ROCK!

Glenn Case
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Re: Challenge title = "Race to Zero"

Post by erik »

GlennCase wrote:The inspiration for the title came from a number of listeners on thesixtyone.com that are choosing to empty their point totals down to nothing.
I poked through your accompanying links, but everyone there seemed to understand the concept already.

What does it mean to empty your point total down to nothing?
What are points, how does one get them, and what do you have to do to get your point total down to zero?
What is the benefit of getting your point total down to zero?
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

This might be a better link to show what's going on.

The basic idea is this: thesixtyone has potential to be a really great website for musicians and listeners alike. Recently, there have been some changes that have been made to the point system and artist uploads on the website that were implemented without warning, or much of anything in the way of communication. Keep in mind that the more points a listener has, the more they can support artists they like.

Many feel that the new changes have taken a lot of the fun away from the website. Listeners are finding that they need to bump 'safe' song choices to keep a positive point balance instead of just bumping songs they like.

So, against common sense, some listeners are deciding to spend all of their points on songs they DO like until they go bankrupt. I just went through 3,450 points, reached zero, and had a blast listening to good music while doing so. It's the most fun I have had on the website as a listener for a while.

ROCK!

Glenn Case
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale

Post by rone rivendale »

Race to Zero is a brilliant title.

I'll see what I can do.