Pandora Premium

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Pandora Premium

Post by Lunkhead »

I've been working nights and weekends for a while on my small part of launching Pandora's new "Premium" service, a $9.99 on-demand streaming service that we're launching soon:

http://blog.pandora.com/us/pandora-prem ... -to-music/

Our initial target audience is primarily current Pandora listeners who would be interested in using Pandora for their on-demand streaming needs in addition to their Internet radio needs. But we'll be building up the service from there over the year. Check it out!
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Pandora Premium

Post by fluffy »

Congrats on the launch! Getting a new product out the door is always exciting and not always easy. What are the main differentiators between this and Pandora Plus? Is it just a new UI and the "download whole album" function or is there more to it?

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere, I'd really love to see a product variant where it randomly chooses an entire album to play, rather than an individual song, because that's the main way I listen to music (and the reason I don't generally use Pandora because I get really bored with hearing a song then hearing another song that's just like it). I still love the album as the functional unit of music, despite it being "antiquated."
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

It's ad free, like Pandora Plus, but your extra $5/month gets you "on-demand" meaning you can search for and play any specific album/song in our catalog any time you want. You can also create playlists of specific songs. You are no longer limited to just "stations" which pick the music for you and provide relatively limited control (play/pause, skip, thumbs up/down).
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Ah, okay! So it's Spotify with hopefully-better discovery.