Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.

Moderator: Mods

roymond
Owney
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Guitar Rig 5, Rig Kontrol 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, iPad3, Apogee Jam
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Postby roymond » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:03 pm

It seems pretty cheesy, but it's rock & roll, after all. And Cleveland (kidding!). Who has been there and would you recommend a visit?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Congratulatons, roymond; you finally managed to write a song I don't really care for." - Märk
Lunkhead
Owney
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Postby Lunkhead » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 am

I've been there a few times. I started college in Cleveland the same year the hall opened. I haven't been to Cleveland or the hall though in 10+ years at this point. But I would say it's absolutely worth doing once. I think the last time I went was in 2000, they were having a special exhibit about John Lennon since it had been 20 years since he was murdered. Yoko Ono had contributed a bunch of stuff. Particularly creepy were his blood stained glasses. :( But anyway, it's a bunch of memorabilia and a bunch of historical information about rock and roll. I'd say the EMP in Seattle maybe cloned it and did a slightly better job, but it's still worth checking out the hall in Cleveland.
Lunkhead
Owney
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - worth a visit?

Postby Lunkhead » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am

And if you're in Cleveland, the art museum is also nice. There's a lot of nice stuff near the art museum in the "University Circle" area. The symphony used to be very highly regarded but that might be difficult to work into a visit. The Great Lakes Science Center, down on the lake front in downtown near the hall, is also worth checking out.

Return to “Monkey Business”