Song Fight! Ideas good or bad

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Song Fight! Ideas good or bad

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Here are some ideas that I've had over the years. Rough, stupid, un-thought out. What do you think? What do you have?

Song Fight! Confessional - Say what you want to get off your chest without repercussion. Maybe no-one can respond to whatever is said about anything. In a confessional manner, vs. political forum or whatever. Tell it to the priest guy person.

Review Fight! - Review the reviewers and award a winner for best reviews. Dumb. Or not.

Annual Popularity poll - Me around 1978: "Oh yeah? Well Circus magazine says that Ace is the best guitarist, second year in a row!" Best singer, best this, best that, greatest whatever whenever. Write ins? Ballots? Juvenille? Yep!

Who'd you like to come back - Not unusual, but been a while. Round'em up!

Random title/Title Fight! - Non-Deep Throat name from a hat or nominee vote. Vote for best title. Nontraditional, yes. Sacred? Maybe. Hmm...

Tag - I have the seed and tag the next person to do the next part. Successive vs. collaborative simultaneously. Raw idea maybe related to Instant Band Fight. Help flesh it out.

GOM thangy - Maybe pick your own artist. Do that song you always said that you'd cover one day. Just give a little love, baby!

Song Fight! Hall of Fame - Just imagine the categories and contenders. Go ahead. Voted in by a panel/poll? Marble busts, scrolls, free admission,
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Re: Song Fight! Ideas good or bad

Post by Spud »

Yes, Please.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Duncan
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Sax, Clarinet, Harmonica, Voice
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Duncan Martin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Song Fight! Ideas good or bad

Post by Duncan »

Re. Reviewer fight. I like this, and perhaps accompanying it there can be a "critic's choice", which is the week's song winner as voted on only by people who took the time to review each entry. I really appreciate feedback (more than votes), and maybe this would encourage more. It seems there's often more activity in the pre-fight than the reviews.
People can be cheeky and half-ass it if they want, but they can also go deep.