A Starfinger music video

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
PipeFist
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

A Starfinger music video

Post by PipeFist »

Hey y'all,

It's been... a while since I participated in Songfight. I being the Wes Davis half of pipefist. I wanted to check in, say howdy, let everyone know I'm doing well, see how everyone else is doing from Songfight circa, what, 2004? Is that when I did this? Am I old now? But also, I wanted to let Starfinger know that his song from the More Than Soup fight has remained a sticky part of my life for the last twenty years, and infected my friend group over the years. So infected it that last year, one of our friends had the bright idea to make a video for it for another friend of mine for his birthday. I wanted to share it with Starfinger, but figured why the heck not share it with all of songfightdom? I believe this should work (after Google Drive processes it, anyway): https://drive.google.com/file/d/15mXEw7 ... sp=sharing?

And I guess a quick update on me, if anyone wants to know: I played in a few bands over the years, including a western swing band and an ELO tribute act. I got married, now have a five year old daughter who's an absolute delight, then relocated from my former home in Texas to the midwest, and I became a professional writer at some point in there! I dream of returning to Songfight, someday, somehow, when I have time again, but in the meantime, I'll try to check in from time to time.

Anyhow, let me know if the link doesn't work, and maybe I'll slap it up on YouTube or something, given Starfinger's permission (it is his song, after all).

Glad to see a lot of the old crew are still at it.

Best,
Wes
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Re: A Starfinger music video

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Wow, that's quite a thing! I just informed Starfinger about this.... stay tuned
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Re: A Starfinger music video

Post by starfinger »

I’m glad you still like the song. I’m kind of speechless that someone would make this after all these years, but I’m glad you did. Send my best to all the participants. Feel free to upload it wherever you want, but please make sure nobody thinks you’re me!

-craig