cheap hosting for people who aren't suckers

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

cheap hosting for people who aren't suckers

Post by Denyer »

here

77 cents a month. 800 mb/ 40gb.

Beats soundclick or leaching off blue.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

how long have you been using these guys? Is this where you're hosting tehfunnies? I'm spending $10/month at Pair.com right now, but I'm pretty close to reaching their 200mb limit and I don't want to spend any more.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

I've been using them for about six hours (since the 77 cent deal started). We just bought hosting for tehfunnies and I think we're stuck for a year, but I'll talk to the guy in charge of that about changing.

I already had other hosting for about the same price as pair.com, but It's only 100mb space and 1gb transfer, which is no good for hosting mp3 files.

A year of this hosting would be less that one month at your current rate, and a lot better. Unless the site is run by the devil or something I don't know about.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Is this deal going to be open long enough for us to get some anecdotal evidence that it is indeed not for suckers?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

Generic wrote:Is this deal going to be open long enough for us to get some anecdotal evidence that it is indeed not for suckers?
Dude, it's $9.24.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I mean, is it a reputable company? Are there (ugh) "hidden fees?" If I sign up, will my site randomly flicker out?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Future Boy »

Moboid and I use Dreamhost, she's had no problems with them, nor have I.
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
Denyer
Ice Cream Man

Post by Denyer »

Generic wrote:I mean, is it a reputable company? Are there (ugh) "hidden fees?" If I sign up, will my site randomly flicker out?
The deal is because they've been going for 7 years, so I'd assume it's fine.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

I went with <b>DreamHost</b> yesterday when my free 1&1 account exceded bandwidth limits and I was <i>locked out</i>. I didn't want to unlock it with my credit card because I don't want a pay account with them. So I abandoned whatever was there. No biggy.

So with Dreamhost I got 40GB of bandwidth, 800MB storage, multiple domains, and tons of pretty current cgi and MySQL capabilities. $104 for 2 years. Their web-based control panel is the best I've seen, and its fast. Their sub-domain policy is very accomodating. Their documentation is great.

Fortunately when I changed the DNS with my agent, the propagation was really fast! So I was up again within hours.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Hoblit wrote:http://niggahosting.com/

riiighhhh
That's what google needs...a "Search for Drugs" button. damn.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face