Songfighter: The Musical

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Drew Tetz
Tarsier

Songfighter: The Musical

Post by Drew Tetz » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:29 pm

As you may or may not have noticed, there are a helluva lot of Broadway shows springing up based entirely around songs by some particular musician. "Mamma Mia!" with ABBA songs, "Movin' out" with Billy Joel songs, there's some Queen thing in England, and God knows what else. Playwrights are jumping out of the freakin' woodwork to craft stories based around some band or musician.

So, if somebody was to make a musical based around your (or someone else's) song fight songs, what would the story be?

I think that the Octothorpe musical would be the most fun, due to the utter insanity and cast of millions, but it would probably be the hardest to actually craft a coherent story around. Sober would be a bit easier, although you would have to like Ireland a lot. 8) A MISS musical would be sweet, except the audience would all be dead by the end of it. And they'd have to have a very good janitorial staff to mop up all of the blood from the audience's collective leaking wrist.

Well?
bz£
Galago

Re: Songfighter: The Musical

Post by bz£ » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:37 pm

Drew Tetz wrote:I think that the Octothorpe musical would be the most fun, due to the utter insanity and cast of millions, but it would probably be the hardest to actually craft a coherent story around.
I think that an Octothorpe version of Avenue Q would be one of the funniest things ever.
Leaf
Chimpanzee
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:39 pm

.. I was in a short run of "Octothorpe The Musical"...it was an insane evening...

but a great one too.
Mogosagatai
Capuchin

Post by Mogosagatai » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:05 am

A little off topic, but a musical based on the entire nympho leprechaun story generated by Jonathan Mann, featuring music by FSS and the like, could be insanely awesome.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up the nympho leprechaun story.
Eric Y.
Loris

Post by Eric Y. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:50 am

user wrote:If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up the nympho leprechaun story.
i tried... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Se ... tory&go=Go
jute gyte
Capuchin

Post by jute gyte » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:05 am

i always wanted to make an extreme metal version of west side story, but i'm just not cool enough.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
j$
Gorilla
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:07 am

Slightly off-topic, West Side Story is fabulous, and contains 'Somewhere' surely the greatest 'unintentional' gay empowerment anthem in 'Somewhere'. I would love to turn it into a big gay party hat bruhaha, myself.
Lester Bangs is still dead.
fluffy
Baboon
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:32 pm

My "Five Minutes" would be the motif of a musical about my life.
Mogosagatai
Capuchin

Post by Mogosagatai » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:32 pm

tviyh wrote:
user wrote:If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up the nympho leprechaun story.
i tried... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Se ... tory&go=Go
http://www.jonathanmann.net/nymphos.htm

Huzzah!