New Year's Resolutions?

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
Billy's Little Trip
Odie
Posts: 12000
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:56 pm
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drums, Skin Flute
Recording Method: analog to digital via Presonus FireBox, Cubase and a porn machine
Submitting as: Billy's Little Trip, Billy and the Psychotics
Location: Cali fucking ornia

Postby Billy's Little Trip » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Ha! great pic! ^^^ edit: <<<

By the way, my new years resolution last year was to stop procrastinating so much. So I'll be starting that this April.....maybe. 8)
Last edited by Billy's Little Trip on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Lord of Oats
Hachikō
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Postby Lord of Oats » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:12 pm

j$ wrote:Experience tells me that you might want to look it as "being attractive enough to someone else that they might want to have sex with you".

Well, yes, I would have just said that. But obviously someone wants to if he's having these terrible sexual encounters. So what I understand is that we're trying to raise the quality of partners by raising the bar on one's own quality. Sounds like a win-win.

Perhaps we can have a thread where we post our weight-loss goals for the year, our progress, and for the pervs, whatever sex happens along the way.

Hoblit wrote:Sex is like pizza. Even when its bad its good... except when fish is involved.

This is the best analogy I have ever heard. Great job.
User avatar
erik
Toto
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:06 am
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle
Location: Austin
Contact:

Postby erik » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Lord of Oats wrote:Perhaps we can have a thread where we post our weight-loss goals for the year, our progress, and for the pervs, whatever sex happens along the way.


Oh dear god, let's do the exact opposite of this.
User avatar
Lord of Oats
Hachikō
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Postby Lord of Oats » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:51 pm

I wasn't seriously suggesting the sex part. You don't think we should promote weight loss and health here?
User avatar
anti-m
Hachikō
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:00 pm
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe
Location: PDX
Contact:

Postby anti-m » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Yes, rock and roll is all about clean living and responsible decision-making.
User avatar
anti-m
Hachikō
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:00 pm
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe
Location: PDX
Contact:

Postby anti-m » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:04 pm

(I have become troll of the resolution thread! Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!)
User avatar
erik
Toto
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:06 am
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle
Location: Austin
Contact:

Postby erik » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Lord of Oats wrote:I wasn't seriously suggesting the sex part. You don't think we should promote weight loss and health here?


It's called Songfight, not HealthandWeightlossGroupHugJamboree.
User avatar
drë
Hachikō
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:24 am
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight
Location: Seattle, Wa
Contact:

Postby drë » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:40 pm

anti-m wrote:(I have become troll of the resolution thread! Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!)

wow, someone's late to the party.
User avatar
Billy's Little Trip
Odie
Posts: 12000
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:56 pm
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drums, Skin Flute
Recording Method: analog to digital via Presonus FireBox, Cubase and a porn machine
Submitting as: Billy's Little Trip, Billy and the Psychotics
Location: Cali fucking ornia

Postby Billy's Little Trip » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:32 pm

anti-m wrote:Yes, rock and roll is all about clean living and responsible decision-making.

Oh crap! 8)
User avatar
Lord of Oats
Hachikō
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Contact:

Postby Lord of Oats » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:48 pm

erik wrote:
Lord of Oats wrote:I wasn't seriously suggesting the sex part. You don't think we should promote weight loss and health here?


It's called Songfight, not HealthandWeightlossGroupHugJamboree.

This forum is called Monkey Business, not OnlyTopicsRelatingDirectlyToSongfightingkthxbye. Any activities that support the community and its members are fair game for forum topics. Forum members' health is directly related to the longevity of the community, which ought to be a priority for members. You certainly don't have to be involved in it, or even read it, if you don't want to, but I don't see why you need to object to it. I doubt any of us want to go looking for the GroupHugJamboree's web site, or we'd probably already be there. I think we'd rather just lose weight here while all the cynics and nay-sayers look on.
User avatar
drë
Hachikō
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:24 am
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight
Location: Seattle, Wa
Contact:

Postby drë » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:05 am

Lord of Oats wrote:This forum is called Monkey Business, not OnlyTopicsRelatingDirectlyToSongfightingkthxbye.


ouch... i want to see the comeback for this one.
Like the human torch says "Flame on!".
User avatar
Caravan Ray
Dingleberry
Posts: 8066
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:51 pm
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Contact:

Postby Caravan Ray » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:27 am

Lord of Oats wrote:I wasn't seriously suggesting the sex part. You don't think we should promote weight loss and health here?
The sex part was the only bit that had merit
User avatar
roymond
Owney
Posts: 5097
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:42 pm
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Guitar Rig 5, Rig Kontrol 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, iPad3, Apogee Jam
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank
Location: brooklyn
Contact:

Postby roymond » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:40 am

Lord of Oats wrote:...whatever sex happens along the way.

What? Like in an alley or on the bus? I just want to be sure stuff like what happened in the Visual Basic aisle of Barnes & Noble doesn't catch anyone by surprise.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Congratulatons, roymond; you finally managed to write a song I don't really care for." - Märk
User avatar
erik
Toto
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:06 am
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle
Location: Austin
Contact:

Postby erik » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:21 am

Lord of Oats wrote:
erik wrote:
Lord of Oats wrote:I wasn't seriously suggesting the sex part. You don't think we should promote weight loss and health here?


It's called Songfight, not HealthandWeightlossGroupHugJamboree.

This forum is called Monkey Business, not OnlyTopicsRelatingDirectlyToSongfightingkthxbye. Any activities that support the community and its members are fair game for forum topics. Forum members' health is directly related to the longevity of the community, which ought to be a priority for members. You certainly don't have to be involved in it, or even read it, if you don't want to, but I don't see why you need to object to it. I doubt any of us want to go looking for the GroupHugJamboree's web site, or we'd probably already be there. I think we'd rather just lose weight here while all the cynics and nay-sayers look on.


1) Even activities that DON'T support the community and its members are fair game for forum topics. It matters not at all that this topic would have positive benefits for people here.
2) The longevity of this community will not be affected in any real way by how much current members weigh. The longevity of this community will be affected if, at some point, it becomes unable to attract more members than it loses.
3) It's really bad logic to say that if someone wanted to be participating in a weight-loss website, they'd already be doing it. Watch, I can use that same poor logic too: "I doubt that people at Songfight want to compare their weight loss against other people's weight loss. If there were, there'd already be a thread where lots of people were already doing this.
4) It's smoke and mirrors to suggest that there is any evidence that people here are clamoring to lose weight and chronicle their progress on this messageboard while cynics and nay-sayers try their best to bully them into submission. Do it if you want, but don't act like you're Che Fogel acting on a mandate from the people.
j$
Owney
Posts: 5088
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:33 am
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint
Location: London, Engerllaaannnddd
Contact:

Postby j$ » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:30 am

erik wrote:2) The longevity of this community will not be affected in any real way by how much current members weigh.


Heart disease? :)
Lester Bangs is still dead.
User avatar
erik
Toto
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:06 am
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle
Location: Austin
Contact:

Postby erik » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:13 am

j$ wrote:
erik wrote:2) The longevity of this community will not be affected in any real way by how much current members weigh.


Heart disease? :)


Yeah, people here are totally dropping like flies from heart attacks.
User avatar
HeuristicsInc
Owney
Posts: 5218
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:14 pm
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Postby HeuristicsInc » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:18 am

Look at how many bands submitted once only, or submitted a bunch and then stopped... maybe they ALL had heart attacks.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
User avatar
Rabid Garfunkel
Toto
Posts: 2437
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:43 pm
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: Logic, Reason, Mac Mini i7, Tascam FireOne
Submitting as: Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Postby Rabid Garfunkel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:03 am

Someday, some movie exec is going to come across this portion of the thread and think "yeah... low budget teen horror movie! You submit one song... then you DIE! Brilliant! Who wants another cappafrappalattechino?" :lol:
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
User avatar
Hoblit
Scrappy Dappy
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida Where old people come to die.
Contact:

Postby Hoblit » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 am

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:Someday, some movie exec is going to come across this portion of the thread and think "yeah... low budget teen horror movie! You submit one song... then you DIE! Brilliant! Who wants another cappafrappalattechino?" :lol:


We'll call it "The One Destination Ring Fight" or something...
obscurity
Lassie
Posts: 590
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:50 am
Instruments: Keyboards (88-note and qwerty), guitar, bass & edrums.
Recording Method: Pod X3 Live & Yamaha 01X -> Cubase 5 & Komplete 5
Submitting as: soon as I see a title that inspires me.
Location: Nottingham.

Postby obscurity » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:45 am

erik wrote:Do it if you want


But really, please, don't. I have enough nannying from the government and work, I don't want it here too.
obscurity.

"Only the great masters of style ever succeed in being obscure." - Oscar Wilde.
User avatar
Billy's Little Trip
Odie
Posts: 12000
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:56 pm
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vocals, Drums, Skin Flute
Recording Method: analog to digital via Presonus FireBox, Cubase and a porn machine
Submitting as: Billy's Little Trip, Billy and the Psychotics
Location: Cali fucking ornia

Postby Billy's Little Trip » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Hoblit wrote:
Rabid Garfunkel wrote:Someday, some movie exec is going to come across this portion of the thread and think "yeah... low budget teen horror movie! You submit one song... then you DIE! Brilliant! Who wants another cappafrappalattechino?" :lol:


We'll call it "The One Destination Ring Fight" or something...

...or Song Fright, which ever fits best on the movie poster. :P
User avatar
Caravan Ray
Dingleberry
Posts: 8066
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:51 pm
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Contact:

Re:

Postby Caravan Ray » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Caravan Ray wrote:For 2008:

1: Write and record 23 new songs


Caravan Ray
01/25/08 Cute Boots
02/15/08 Tomato
02/29/08 Ark of Philadelphia
07/26/08 Cryptic Comment
08/08/08 Mediocre Savior

Give Our Regards To The Earth's Core
07/02/08 All We Could See at the Window
07/15/08 In the Valley

Weta T-Shirt
11/24/08 City in Fog

The Thugs In the Scallop Industry
08/20/08 Calico Alley

Tex Beaumont
Kick Start
Sleepwalking
Unnatural Disaster
The Blitz

Australian Songfight Olympic Team
Let 100 Flowers Bloom


14 songs for 2008 (15 if I count a Lyricburglar entry with stolen lyrics)

Resolution - UNRESOLVED.

I will blame the mid-year "packing-up-my-household-and-moving-to-a-new-country" thing for that failure (note the big activity gap between Feb and July)

Caravan Ray wrote:2: Do 5 live shows

Yes - have played regularly at a local songwriters night (only one song a night - but it is something anyway)

Resolution - RESOLVED.

Caravan Ray wrote:3: Release a proper album

Resolution - UNRESOLVED.


FOR 2009:
1: Write and record 23 new songs
2: Release a proper album

Return to “Monkey Business”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests