Song Fight! Turns 20

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
User avatar
Niveous
Gorilla
Posts: 6733
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:45 am
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Contact:

Re: Song Fight! Turns 20

Post by Niveous » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:14 am

Gotta do a big 20th anniversary show? or shows? SF 20th anniversary festival of RAWK?
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
User avatar
ken
Lemur
Posts: 3463
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:10 pm
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him
Location: oakland, ca
Contact:

Re: Song Fight! Turns 20

Post by ken » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:00 am

I'm not sure how many places could host a Songfight show on their own, but I love the idea of picking a day and having as many different concerts as possible on the same night.

Maybe there is some kind of online equivalent?
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Lunkhead
Gorilla
Posts: 6160
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Re: Song Fight! Turns 20

Post by Lunkhead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:51 pm

Æpplês&vØdkã wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 am
By the way, in an attempt to get more visibility for this place I've been going through various songwriting/music-making subreddits and posting a thread about this week's contest since it just went up.

Hopefully it results in some entries!
Cool, thanks!
Lunkhead
Gorilla
Posts: 6160
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/reason/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

Re: Song Fight! Turns 20

Post by Lunkhead » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Niveous wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:14 am
Gotta do a big 20th anniversary show? or shows? SF 20th anniversary festival of RAWK?
Yeah, this one for a start. Maybe we make it a three night show? Or maybe a 24-hour straight marathon festival?!!

https://www.songfight.net/forums/viewto ... 19&t=11570
User avatar
Rone Rivendale
Odie
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:51 pm
Instruments: Computer and Electric Guitar
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact:

Re: Song Fight! Turns 20

Post by Rone Rivendale » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Æpplês&vØdkã wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 am
By the way, in an attempt to get more visibility for this place I've been going through various songwriting/music-making subreddits and posting a thread about this week's contest since it just went up.

Hopefully it results in some entries!
here comes the friend votes! lol
User avatar
Æpplês&vØdkã
Marmoset
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm
Instruments: Drums, bass, synths, guitar, whatever else is around.
Recording Method: Tascam dp006, Shure SM-58, FL studio
Submitting as: Phlebia
Location: Near Atlanta
Contact:

Re: Song Fight! Turns 20

Post by Æpplês&vØdkã » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Rone Rivendale wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:14 pm
Æpplês&vØdkã wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 am
By the way, in an attempt to get more visibility for this place I've been going through various songwriting/music-making subreddits and posting a thread about this week's contest since it just went up.

Hopefully it results in some entries!
here comes the friend votes! lol
Hey, I said Reddit, not Facebook! :p
Post Reply