XOXO Fest 2018

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: XOXO Fest 2018

Post by Lunkhead »

One night there was a whole "Art+Code" track which was a new thing for the festival. I didn't go to it, as I was seeing other stuff. Here's a summary piece about it listing the many amazing artists involved and linking to their work:

https://medium.com/glitch/art-code-glit ... fa7bb818a7
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: XOXO Fest 2018

Post by Lunkhead »

At the end of one of the nights they screened an early cut of an upcoming documentary "Temple of Art", a collage of interviews with many different artists (mostly visual but also some musicians, writers, etc.) talking about art and creativity and process. Apparently the film started its life as a successful Kickstarter project, except that was five years ago, and the two people who started it painfully underestimated the how much time and money it would take to make the documentary. Probably a lot of that had to do with the fact that they had never done anything like making that documentary before. They burned through their funding pretty quickly and then entered into a years long slog trying to figure out how to whittle the many many hours of interview footage into a coherent whole. I really enjoyed what they showed, although since it was the end of the night and it was already late I didn't make it through the whole thing. It's pretty long. You can watch a trailer and pre-order it here if you're interested.

https://templeofart.net/