"Promptly Challenged" online panel

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
MicahSommer
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Voice, accordion, keyboards, guitar, euphonium
Recording Method: StudioOne Artist / AudioBox USB
Submitting as: Micah Sommersmith, All The Robots
Pronouns: they/them or he/him

"Promptly Challenged" online panel

Post by MicahSommer »

Tommy G is hosting a panel tomorrow, Wednesday April 14 at 9:30 PM EDT, as part of the JoCo Virtual Cruise.

The event will be held on Zoom, and the link will be found here:
https://jocovirtualcruise2021.sched.com ... nge-prompt

Promptly Challenged: Writing Songs Inspired by a Challenge Prompt

Panel discussion of Singer/Songwriters talking shop on creating music for internet competitions inspired by a Challenge or Prompt. SpinTunes #17 will be the test case.

Micah Sommersmith has been writing songs since middle school. He won the SpinTunes 14 tournament in 2018 and somehow has now found himself running the dang thing. His other musical activities include choral singing, directing church music, and giving educational programs on global accordion genres.

Ryan Finholm makes songs and music videos as a founding member of the bands Jerkatorium, Matchy Matchy, Hanky Code, and All The Robots. Jerkatorium won SpinTunes 13. If Jerkatorium can do it then you can too; you should give it a try.

Brian Gray is a venerable, vulnerable gentlebeing who has performed numerous JoCo Cruise concerts, won and judged SpinTunes contests, and also does a mean song about pie. The pie was not amused, and court action is pending.

Zoe Gray is a 20 year old singer-songwriter, actress, author, and playwright. She is the winner of SpinTunes #15 and Champion Vs Shadows #1. The daughter and occasional collaborator of SpinTunes champion Brian Gray, Zoe is currently in New York studying drama at NYU Tisch. Areas of interest include homoerotic longing, the occult, and Shakespeare.

Allan Morgan is a bon vivant and man about town. He's produced hundreds of tunes under the Pop Machine and Boffo Yux Dudes monikers, is a featured player in the new sketch comedy group "Talk to the Ham". Just don't talk to him about swiss cheese. You have been warned.

Tom Giarrosso has been hosting listening parties for internet music competitions for the last decade. A founding member of the comedy troupe 'Boffo Yux Dudes', he has annoyed hundreds of artists with his request for them to participate in panel discussions. This is no exception.
Last edited by MicahSommer on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"you did a skillful job pulling off the sexy" - RangerDenni
BoffoYux
Panama
Instruments: Keys, Clunking, SFX and Strings
Recording Method: Audacity, Adobe, and other 'A' titled software
Submitting as: Boffo Yux Dudes

Re: "Promptly Challenged" online panel

Post by BoffoYux »

Here's the link to the Zoom archive of the panel discussion!

https://youtu.be/Xa-Lzn_9sdA
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

YouTube is telling me that video is private. I wasn't able to watch when it was live but I'd love to see the recording.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

Video is working for me. Also, I’ve been trying to remember Patroclus’ name for days, so thank you Spintunes.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

It's working for me now too. Yay!