Big Official SFL '05 Video Thread

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Future Boy
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Keyboard, Vocals
Recording Method: Apollo Twin, Reaper, Rhodes, Casios
Submitting as: Future Boy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Future Boy »

Ok, I take it back, apparently I'm not on Tonetripper's recordings.
New Album: Comes Apart | Missed Connections | With Johnny Cashpoint: A Maze of Death | modular synths on Youtube
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Post by starfinger »

I extracted mine as well, if anybody's interested.

http://www.kongbalong.com/blog/2006/01/ ... s-at-last/

-craig
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

roymond wrote:
the Jazz wrote:*Before anyone makes any "Macs suck!" comments, I should mention that it died right in the middle of installing Windows via Virtual PC.
That isn't Windows' fault, buddy.
Well shucks, I was bein' ironical.

@Future Boy: I can pick one if you don't want to. Just thought I'd give you the choice first if you have a favorite. There were no major recording or performance problems with your set so they're all good.
Let cake eat them.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

Does anyone have an mp3 of Erin and Sam playing Violet Wants it her Way handy?

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

Quick word on how things are going: laptop's logic board is fried, but school has opened and I've resumed editing in the labs there. Found a trick to save me lots of time and hard drive space too. No response from c. hack so I went with firefly and ctola and made a graphic from the "badass" avatar. Roymond, you said you had something ready? If I get it tonight or tomorrow morning, it's all good. Later than that, and I can make no promises.
Let cake eat them.
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

Updates and such. I got permission from the artist whose work was on display at Zeitgeist to use his paintings in the video, so that's cool. Adds a little atmosphere. Computer still not fixed, labs work okay for editing, PILES AND PILES of film scoring homework this semester are the bigger problem. That's about it. No more estimating when I'll be done, I have learned that all the universe needs is a tiny excuse to ruin my plans.
Let cake eat them.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

So which one will come out first, SFLA'06, SFBoston'05, or SFAustin'04?

My money's on SFLA'06, just because nobody's actually committed to doing it.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

SF:UK came out within a month of the event ...

[/smug british moment]
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

...and I brought my copy to SFLiveBoston. No big-screen presentation or anything; we watched it on C Hack's laptop, if I remember correctly. But it was cool to have some of the the across-the-ponders represented.
adjuster
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Jeskola Buzz
Recording Method: OH, GOD, THE PAIN!
Submitting as: The Landfills

Recordings from Boston Friday Night

Post by adjuster »

Update: I've got most of Friday night done now-- extracted and MP3'd. Do we need more Friday night recordings? These came off the board and sound fairly good, albeit are mono.
"A person who is born with extraordinary natural talents, or who is extremely lucky, deserves nothing on the basis of these characteristics." - Edwin C. Hettinger
--
The Attitude Adjuster, Arugably the remaining half of "The Landfills"
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

I picked up my laptop today! Not only did it need a new logic board, the hard drive (just replaced in the Fall) is new as well. It's gonna be a bitch getting all my data back on, registering assloads of software and such, but this means I can edit at home again. Yes, I have still been editing at school, when possible. I've got all the regular sets arranged as far as which songs and in what order, have to add transitions and then deal with the live fight.

So I'm thinking about how I should produce the actual DVDs themselves. I'd rather not just burn a few dozen DVD-Rs with my laptop, as it has proven to be not the most sturdy machine, and I hear DVD/CD-Rs don't actually have that great a shelf life. So I've been thinking about finding some place that does duplication and handles small orders. Would be better quality and take less of my time. Input from anyone with experience in that area would be appreciated. I think a run of 50 would be ideal; extras could be used for promotional purposes or to give to family/friends.

I've checked out a few sites like mediatechnics.com, but probably the best quality for my dollar is not to be found from the top Google hits. And mediatechincs' quote calculator is confusing; even when I select NO INSERT and NO CASEWRAP it charges $70 for "Insert / Casewrap Cost". Uhh... Help, anyone?

EDIT: Holy. Fucking. Shit. No sooner did I start backing up data and preparing to reformat/reinstall, than my laptop died again. I hate computers.
Let cake eat them.