When Robots Ruled the World - Live 11/7/04

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

When Robots Ruled the World - Live 11/7/04

Post by john m »

Hey, it's probably a long shot, since it's short notice and most of you don't live nearby, but my band, When Robots Ruled the World, is playing a show at Kenyon College (Gambier, Ohio - Use <a href="http://www.mapquest.com">MapQuest</a>) this Sunday. The fun starts at 8pm, with Mark's Jet, a band from our area we're bringing out there. We will follow their set of good musics with our set of complete ROCK, including many of your Doctor Worm favorites. There is no cover charge. So, if you can, come on out; it'll be a good time.

Big thanks to Jon Eric who has totally been setting this whole thing up (as it is his college).

<font size="1">P.S. - For those who can't make it and still want some of the experience, the show <i>may</i> be recorded. Hopefully.

P.P.S. - For those who can't make this one (or if anyone does and totally loves us), we will also be doing a show in December in Mansfield, OH. I will do my best to post more info on that one further ahead of time.</font>
Last edited by john m on Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

yeah, i've already discussed with you how much i'd like to go if i could. but since it's a sunday i will be working. will have to see what i can do about the december one, maybe.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

wish i could be there, dude. break a leg (or whatever is acceptable to say in place of good luck).

ince you appear to have a steady band now, maybe it's time to bring songfight live! to cleveland.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

frankie big face wrote:(or whatever is acceptable to say in place of good luck)
c'mon

it's clearly "break a string"
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

John already said anything I'd have to add, but I'm much looking forward to this. :D :D :D
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
adjuster
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Jeskola Buzz
Recording Method: OH, GOD, THE PAIN!
Submitting as: The Landfills

Re: When Robots Ruled the World - Live 11/7/04

Post by adjuster »

john m wrote:... When Robots Ruled the World, is playing a show at Kenyon College (Gambier, Ohio)...
Rock! Somebody PM me with specifics (i.e. address of venue), and I'll check in w/ the GF to see if she'd be into it.
"A person who is born with extraordinary natural talents, or who is extremely lucky, deserves nothing on the basis of these characteristics." - Edwin C. Hettinger
--
The Attitude Adjuster, Arugably the remaining half of "The Landfills"
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

adjuster wrote:I'll check in w/ the GF to see if she'd be into it.
Wait, did your ebay auction work out?

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

:oops:

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

The show was great, everyone! Adjuster showed up halfway through, and he and I took a plethora of pictures. I also recorded both sets, in their entireties, and I'll upload them as soon as I get them encoded.

Yea, verily, if only for a night, Robots Ruled the World.

adjuster
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by adjuster »

ken wrote:Wait, did your ebay auction work out?
Heh heh... w3rd. Something like that, yeah. *smile* Didn't realize anybody'd actually looked at that.
Generic wrote:The show was great, everyone! Adjuster showed up halfway through, and he and I took a plethora of pictures. I also recorded both sets, in their entireties, and I'll upload them as soon as I get them encoded.
I don't know how the 35mm stuff turned out, as it's still in the camera awaiting processing. I'll upload the digital stuff as soon as I can. Sadly, the pic of Dr. Worm, you, and myself didn't "turn out". It's all blurry and stuff. Others turned out rather well. I can't wait to see what the 35mm stuff looks like, since I was doing some creative camera angle stuff with it.

Lots of fun was had. Of course, my absolute favorite Dr. Worm song was kept 'til the end (Please Don't Call Me Ken) and I was a little worried it wasn't gonna make the set, but it did! Yay!

Maybe there's a "The Landfills" show possibility there... we'll see. I'm still thinking about the best way to do the live act...
"A person who is born with extraordinary natural talents, or who is extremely lucky, deserves nothing on the basis of these characteristics." - Edwin C. Hettinger
--
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

I wish my camera hadn't been so stubborn about batteries. No, scratch that. I wish I'd changed the batteries before the show. But whatev. We got a ton of photographs. http://generic.songhole.org/Pictures/Wh ... dTheWorld/

john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

It was huge fun. Marks Jet rocked muchly, and we had a blast playing. Thanks again to Jon for setting it all up, and to Adjuster for making the (2 hour!) trip.

Here was the setlist, in case anyone wants it:

Start Over / To the Rescue / I Wish You Were Here / Violet Wants it Her Way / I Don't Believe You / The Princess / Unless I Change My Mind / Toothpaste Girl / Until I Know / Quentin Tarantino / Between the Rain / Please Don't Call Me Ken

Those pictures are awesome, Jon. They will be added to the site whenever I'm not lazy.
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

Actually, I needed the setlist, as it happens.

I could also use one for Mark's Jet, if you can get one from them.

adjuster
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

My digital pics...

Post by adjuster »

They're <a href="http://peeved.org/songfight/20041107-Wh ... o">here</a>. I'll do the 35mm's soon... gotta finish that roll of film...
--