Gert Together

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
gert
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Gert Together

Post by gert »

Gert would like you to know about a gathering happening right now.

It is in Toronto, Canada.

Boltoph has flown up from Boston.
Leaf has flown in from B.C.
Smalltown Mike and Tonetripper have driven to Deshead's house, and The Hip Cola has hit the highway, too.

That's right. Gert is pleased that all of Gert is rocking under the same roof right now.

And the rock is good.

Oh.

The Rock is Good.

The.

Rock.

Is.

Good.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

So when do we hear mp3s/see pictures? :D
Songfighter since back in the day.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

bust out the poutine and labatts blue..... :)
Hi!
gert
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by gert »

Wow.

A gathering of songfighters.

A gathering of rock.

Gert knows you wanted to be here.

Gert knows you want the rock.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

My god we partied and jammed. We met up yesterday around 3 pm, started gertin it up, jammin into the wee hours of the night...

I admit, I passed out around midnight... I couldn't keep up to those bastards!

Still, we got up.

Hmmm. Apparently I push it too far according to these assholes.

So I'll keep it too myself, but the gert mansion has a pool, and is well equiped.

That's all I say right now...
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

Leaf wrote:My god we partied and jammed...Apparently I push it too far according to these assholes.
It got a little gerty. Just a little. You guys rock so hard, and Songfight rocks so hard for getting it all started for us bas-tid's, as us Massholes say. :)

Should I post a few pics? Should I? Just got back from the airport and chilling back in Boston again. Canada rocks. And there were naked pics.
herojima
A New Player

Post by herojima »

i wanna see boltoph's 'nis!
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible" - FZ
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

In another thread, I alluded to this being like a fantasy camp, and it was!

I seriously hope this upcoming weekend's songfight live rocks so hard, cause I am just about recovered from the weekend at Des', and it was bloody fanatastic.

First of all, I haven't seen Mike since '93, and I haven't seen Rob in at least 8 years. It was weird, cause it didn't SEEM like that long, thus is the power of the internet.

In fact, it didnt' take too long for ALL of us to realize... we really knew each other!!

Des is the most incredible host... unbeliveable. His hosting and personality is just like his music, outstanding. He can play all his tunes and perform them with passion and a smoothness that is enviable, he makes a mean breakfast and BBQ's up a storm. He showed me the local liqour store (amazing how the staff knew him by name...so friendly) and the guy would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

TT took on the role of soundman... does anyone know how cool it is to be jamming with five other guys and EVERYONE knows how to run all the gear?? What a treat! We gelled live, bass and drums. Meeting Paul (TT) in person... hearing his voice, the guy is a dude.

Des' bandmates also came by to jam and hang out, it was cool getting to know Jan, his drummer, who I got to jam with on bass (Jam with Jan??)

The really neat part was, when I left, there was no sadness, cause I know I'd seem them a short while later ... online.

And Boltoph. Likely the sweetest man on the planet. I had to keep an eye on my wife to make sure she wasn't falling for the guy!! (kidding of course, but he is seriously quite the person. )

And that voice!! Boltoph!! You are a monster.

Ok, gushing is over, it was a great weekend. Now, I await hopefully similar praise from SF Live!!
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Leaf wrote:I admit, I passed out around midnight...
Heh, I still can't believe you slept through YYZ at 3am. Bass solo and all.