Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this weekend

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass this weekend

Post by jack »

if you are anywhere near San Francisco this weekend, I highly recommend this. best damn music festival in the country and it's all free!

Elvis Costello plays a free show in Golden Gate park today starting at 4:30. i think i'm going on Sunday though, so anyone that wants to hook up (ken, sam, etc?) PM me and i'll give you my cell number.

The Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
Hi!
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

I plan to go for a lot of Saturday, and maybe go back late Sunday mostly to try to catch Emmylou. Erin and I went last year and caught most of Dolly and Emmylou's sets, and they were awesome. Who're you planning to see Sunday Jack?
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

definitely would like to catch bob weir playing with the waybacks, an incredible local band. the guitarist for the waybacks used to give e-money guitar lessons. and now e-money is playing in the house band at bob's birthday party a week from friday night.

also playing sunday is the del mccoury band, an incredible, old school bluegrass band i saw at the strawberry music festival in yosemite a few years back. i'd also like to see emmylou, t-bone burnett and richard thompson as well. sunday is just chock full of great shit.

we should try to hook up on sunday sam. i think eric is going too. i'll PM you my cell number.
Hi!
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Cool, that all sounds good. It's looking like I may go more on Sunday than Saturday, as Erin's planning to only go Sunday at this point. I'm still going to try to work up the motivation Saturday to go see Steve Earle, Billy Bragg, and Gillian Welch.
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

elvis costello and t-bone burnett play together at 3:20 on sunday!
Hi!
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

Hi!
bwell
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: guitar, piano, bass, mandolin
Submitting as: The BeWells

Post by bwell »

This is the first year I'm skipping the festival. I guess I'm going to have to get my bluegrass fix somewhere else this year.

If anyone is heading out there early tomorrow, make sure to swing by the Banjo stage. Every year usually during the 9 o'clock hour, Emmylou comes out and does a few songs for her soundcheck. The crowds are typically light at that point and you can get right up next to the stage for a nice little concert. Unfortunately I'll be missing all that...I was curious what her set will sound like as this is the first year she won't have Buddy Miller there in her backing band.

This is a great festival and they bring in a lot of musicians that don't get out to California all that often. So, if you are anywhere nearby, I second the recommendation to get out there to Golden Gate Park for all the music.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

We wound up not going today, as we got too tuckered out yesterday. We caught some Gillian Welch, Billy Bragg, and Steve Earle. Yay! This is truly an excellent festival, that I wish they did twice a year.