:P SONGHOLE IS DYING :P

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

If there are a half dozen or more songhole refugees out there who'd be willing to pay $8-9/month for 1GB Web hosting, I may be able to work something out. The person (my brother) running the service I'm thinking of is just looking to cover some of his $100/month colocation fees at this point. You'd get a Fastmail-like e-mail address with 1GB of space for e-mail, too. It's something I have a stake in, too, since I worked on it for over a year when I was unemployed, and I'm still working on it when I have time.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

i'm giving the domain name to Spud, who i think wants to keep the stream alive, so maybe all interested parties could work something out where everyone doesn't have to change their links and domains and etc.
c hack
Panama

Post by c hack »

Niveous wrote:Hey Blue,
If there is any way the SF community can help, we are all ears.
I don't know if you speak for all of us, but you speak for me.
Lunkhead wrote:If there are a half dozen or more songhole refugees out there who'd be willing to pay $8-9/month for 1GB Web hosting, I may be able to work something out. The person (my brother) running the service I'm thinking of is just looking to cover some of his $100/month colocation fees at this point. You'd get a Fastmail-like e-mail address with 1GB of space for e-mail, too. It's something I have a stake in, too, since I worked on it for over a year when I was unemployed, and I'm still working on it when I have time.
I'm interested. I'm paying $10/month for 200mb, and I was looking to find a better deal anyway. But not just songs -- I have 3 personal sites (2 music, one for art/design) and the site for my Mom's quiltmaking business. All of which get like no traffic.
<a href="http://www.c-hack.com">c-hack.com</a> | <a href="http://www.rootrecords.org">rootrecords.org</a>
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Sorting it all out. Will have something more official in a few days.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I would be willing to donate up to $20 a month towards this (hey, the exchange rate is good at the moment) - in some kind of standing order scenario towards the good cause.

j$
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

I'm interested. I'm paying $10/month for 200mb, and I was looking to find a better deal anyway.
Blue, you rock for your huge contribution with this site and songhole.

Here is where I host my stuff, and I'm posting this because it seems so cheap compared to what I'm hearing.

I have 5GB storage, and 20GB bandwidth/month. $3.95/month (prepaid for 2 years, or it goes up a little depending on the term).

Maybe there is something I'm missing about this service, but 8 months and all is well for me.

http://www.canaca.com

Just throwing it out there...though a community based thing would be cool for sure.

:!:
Spud
Hot for Teacher

SONGHOLE UPDATE

Post by Spud »

I have obtained some space (4 megs) for SOME of the songhole stuff. For the time being, I would appreciate it if you would conserve your space. That said, my immediate priority is for those of you are hosting your websites on songhole. With this in mind, I have moved the following subdomains over to the new server:

kni.songhole.org
frontalittle.songhole.org
dt.songhole.org
sven.songhole.org

I am waiting for glenn to tell me that he has cleaned up his space somewhat before I move it over. gleen?

I have mirrored all of the files except for email and the frontalittle board. You guys might want to back up your data files prior to installing on the new site.

Anyone else who is using songhole for somesongs, etc., please post here, and I will try to move your stuff as well.

At the end of the month, I will ask blue to change the DNS to the new server.

First come, first served.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

4 megs? That's hardly enough for a song.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

megs means gigs.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Megs vs. Gigs

Post by Spud »

Yes

Gigs

Sorry
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

Spud, I'm on Songhole for SomeSongs-ing reasons, and I'd love to be included in this move. I think I'm taking up 20 megs or something.

Thanks again to Blue and Spud, who are both extra awesome.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Re: SONGHOLE UPDATE

Post by ken »

Spud wrote: With this in mind, I have moved the following subdomains over to the new server:

kni.songhole.org
frontalittle.songhole.org
dt.songhole.org
sven.songhole.org

First come, first served.
Thank you Spud.

I appreciate this very much.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

I've got about five SS songs on Songhole. If you'd like, I could replace them with lower-bitrate versions where possible, but I'd like them preserved. Thanks.

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Post by Spud »

Jon, you have a hella lot of stuff more than five songs there in the old hole. There's a lotta other crap too. Whassup?
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

Oh, there's a bunch of other crap that I've already backed up, but only eight of them on are SS. You can get rid of the rest, or you can ask me to handle it, and I'll do it. Say the word, boss.

Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Spud, I'll find a new home for my stuff, it's just a place for me to post material... and I think I got a spot for it....
Spud
Hot for Teacher

Post by Spud »

Jon, it would greatly help if you would delete everything but what you need preserved. That way I don't have to waste time figuring it all out.

Same goes for the rest of youse guys. Except for those I've already transferred, which now includes Puce.

Btw, I will be back in touch with all of you after the first of the month regarding access. Lets get it moved first.
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

I deleted all my stuff, and will not need any new hosting. I have moved to http://www.doctorworm.net already.

Blue, thanks again so much for hosting me for as long as you did. I really appreciate it.
JonPorobil
Beat It

Post by JonPorobil »

Alright, I just remembered that all my songs are backed up on DCM. It all goes away tonight.

Thanks one last time to Blue for putting me up for as long as you did. *sniffle*

Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

dear spud: i got rid of nearly everything in voice.songhole.org
what is left is either linked from somesongs or coverfight or wherever, and if those could be relocated i'd greatly appreciate it.

i am planning on seeking new storage space (i was planning on it even before all this was announced) but haven't actually started seeking yet.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

Spud: Already backed everything up, everything can be deleted at this time. I would like to temporarily use the new songhole to keep all of my somesongs stuff active if at all possible, until I can set up my own webspace.

Blue: Thank you VERY much for doing this as long as you did.

Spud: Thank YOU for being the hero and stepping up to this. I am willing to work with whatever is easiest for you in this transition.

You guys both rock!

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Yook
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Bass, barely.
Recording Method: Crappy.

Post by Yook »

Blue: Thank you for the songholeing, it was the orsome.

Spud: Me am gonna transfer it all to my site's server and hope I don't go over my limit. Any idea how many megs I got in there? Hopefully, less than 130...

-Yook