Grim frostbitten hipster d-bag metal

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Grim frostbitten hipster d-bag metal

Post by WeaselSlayer »

My band, WwomM just released our 2011 demo yesterday! It's called Realms of the Human Unconscious. Fans of anything from Joy Division to Burzum to Philip Glass will hopefully find something to like within its very lo-fi mysteries. Oh and it's free. So have a listen!

http://wwomm.bandcamp.com/
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: Grim frostbitten hipster d-bag metal

Post by Caravan Ray »

Listening and liking Luke. But more evidence that your inspired madness needs focussing. Good sounds - but no cut through on the final product. I see you have a sausage to sell - but I don't want to buy it - I want to by the sizzle. Got to cut back on the sausage - and make the sizzle bite.

Our little "Ginger" project is progressing slowly but I am going on holidays - so I will get back to you in a few weeks. The final production may have an Irish lilt to it. Or Singaporean Techno. Or Something. Travel always broadens.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Thanks for the listen! I'm not completely sure what you're talking about in terms of sausage, but I'm assuming something along the lines of "tighten it up, don't meander so much, listen to your inner-editor more"? Anyway, just glad to have ears out there listening, thanks for the feedback!

And no rush of course on the "Ginger" front. I'm excited to hear it, and I too subscribe to the spiritual mantra of "it's done when it's done."
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

WeaselSlayer wrote:Thanks for the listen! I'm not completely sure what you're talking about in terms of sausage, but I'm assuming something along the lines of "tighten it up, don't meander so much, listen to your inner-editor more"? Anyway, just glad to have ears out there listening, thanks for the feedback!

And no rush of course on the "Ginger" front. I'm excited to hear it, and I too subscribe to the spiritual mantra of "it's done when it's done."
No - that was all fairly incomprehensible wasn't it. I don't know why I was talking about sausages either. I like sausages. Though I had had more wine than sausages last night.

Basically - I liked the songs but the production was pretty muddy.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man

Post by WeaselSlayer »

Yeah, it was a really slap dash recording process, but we're going to be working on some properly recorded material soon! Sausages!