Archive Boldedness

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Archive Boldedness

Post by frankie big face »

Why are some artists bold in the archive? What are the parameters? I am curious.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Archive Boldedness

Post by jb »

When you view the profile of a bold-face artist, there are some extra features on their profile. They might have a photo, or some added profile info, or a "See Also" section at the bottom of the page.

I have no idea who was doing the cross referencing, and I dunno what the criteria was-- like, is it just alter-egos like Abjure! would be for me, or does it include collaborations like our John Benjamin Big Face entry.

If I recall correctly, it was part of an effort by Spud to allow people some creativity around their Song Fight profile pages. Probably created when he was in the midst of creating Spud's Page Generator thingybob.

JB
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Got it. Thanks!
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

JB is correct. I think I know how to add artist profile information, so, if anybody out there is still interested in creating or updating their profile, folks can DM me the details they'd like posted.