Not staying logged in

Let us know when something isn't working correctly, or if you find a typo. Do not post complaints or suggestions here.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Not staying logged in

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Recently I've noticed that the "remember me" function isn't working. I'm using Chrome browser. Was there a change to the site or is it something I may have done?

This last instance I logged in, typed up some reviews (took over an hour) and then it prompted me to log in again. I unfortunately hit enter instead of back and lost the reviews. I'm not the most tech savvy, eh?
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: Not staying logged in

Post by Lunkhead »

No changes that i know of, though, I don't honestly really "admin" the boards at the level of maintaining/updating the PHPBB software.
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

Yea it logged me out while I was editing recently. I was going to revive my thread from last year but the problem’s not terrible... yet
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

This comes up once a year or so. I'm just glad that for once it was someone other than grumpymike who brought it up, jeeze.

For the record, phpBB hasn't been updated in a while but there shouldn't be anything that causes the forum to simply drop connections. Sometimes we've seen this happen whenever we're getting a lot of spammer activity, like maybe phpBB tries to limit the size of the session table or something, which is asinine if so.

Also I guess it's possible that maybe there's some combination of browser and extension that might be causing something to happen? What browsers are each of you running, and do you have any extensions enabled?
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

This is the first time I've really noticed it (although if it only happened for a brief time in the past then I wouldn't remember) and it seems to have started approximately the same time we have the new locked Monkey business thread (although that could be coincidence.)

It doesn't bother me (too much) that if I log in and hit remember me and then go to another tab for a while and come back I have to log in again. It does bother me that I spend 45 minutes to an hour typing up reviews on the forum and I'm logged out before I can post. And honestly, now that I know about it, I'll just copy and save it, log back in and then post. It's the change that bothered me the most.

So let me be clear, no new ta... erm, I can live with it as is, but it was very annoying yesterday to lose all my reviews and have to do a single line summation of what I could remember. But that's life and the least of our worries, right?

Chrome
Extensions: Adblocker Ultimate and Ghostery (neither have been added in the last year.)

grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

fluffy wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:59 pm
do you have any extensions enabled?
Lol it logged me out when I hit “reply”.

I’m using iOS Safari ... extensions... just some limited adblocking that iOS allows. (1Blocker)
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

The locked monkey business forum would have nothing to do with this.

It doesn't sound like it's browser- or extension-specific, but it's possible that maybe there's been a change to how cookie domains work or something? Do you visit the forum via songfight.net or www.songfight.net? Browsers are getting stricter about how that works. I might set up a redirection to force everyone onto the same domain to see if that helps.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

I always go through the link on the Songfight front page.

re: Monkey Business - yeah, I figured it was coincidence.. and I think it was a day or two after that when this started.. But it's been going on for a little while.

Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Not to jinx it, but it seems this weekend and today things are working very well.

fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Cool. I hope the combination of redirecting everyone to songfight.net (without the www) and the latest phpBB upgrade fixed this particular issue.