Turn Off Avatars

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Turn Off Avatars

Post by frankie big face »

So, how's that coming along? Because if I have to look at Marcus Kellis's avatar one more time, I'm gonna get grumpy.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

ER
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

see, your avatar i like. it's normal size, not gigantic so that a one-line post takes up four inches and not retarded like most of them. and it's not fucking animated. oh well, too late, i'm grumpy.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

I second that request. Looking at the boards on my PDA is very aggravating because I have to wait approximately 1.7 Forevers for all the pictures of kitties to download.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

At work I use Firefox and the Web Developer extension for it to turn off images when I check in on the SongFight forums, so that I don't have any unsightly and attention getting avatars pop up on my screen in case our CEO walks by...
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

is it possible to ignore specific users in PHPBB? i've looked around a bit but haven't seen the option anywhere. downwithgender and particularly downwithgender2 have such huge obnoxious avatars, i think all threads would be much better without posts from either of them. actually you can strike everything before the comma and that sentence still holds true.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Lunkhead wrote:At work I use Firefox
Dont need any extensions, the "display images from originating site only" option is awesome. All the nav graphics work fine, but all the avatars get blocked.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

If you use the free browser Opera, hitting G toggles images on and off. When big or offensive avatars appear, I hit a quick G and they all disappear. And the setting remains even when you browse to another page, until you hit G again. Very nice.
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Post by starfinger »

Firefox's Adblock extension is great for getting rid of individual rogue avatars.

-craig
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

Not to sound mean, guys, but he didn't ask for a suggestion as to which browser to switch to.

(But I do like Opera very much.)