T-Shirts and Baseball Caps and Stickers, OH MY!

Use this forum for title suggestions, bitching at moderators, whining about phpBB, and grand ideas that will solve all of Song Fight's problems.

Good idea?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 18
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

I've seen a few CDs like that. Diskfaktory offers it as a standard package, so you gotta figure there's a few. (Although the vinyl CDs were backordered, and we did mine a bit different.)

Anyway, let's get this thing back on topic... I have a couple SF shirts, and I've put on a bit of weight, so I need new (larger) ones. I am in favor of being able to order SF swag.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

I'm torn on the subject.

While I am with Frankie... it's kind of cool for it to be 'earned' and in a way, belong to the club... but it would also be nice to pick up some SF 'swag' too. In the sense I'd like a SF coffee mug and stuff to break ice or to initiate conversation.

I don't know if I would ever want it to go NFL or anything. I don't necessarily want a Seattle Octothorpe's jersey readily available... (I know it's an exaggeration but you might see my point)
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Post by wages »

erik wrote:I don't wear t-shirts that have words on them.

I would like a t-shirt that looks like this:

except a red shirt with white graphics.
Yeah, that's a cool graphic.

EDIT: I just ordered it. Sweet!
Caravan Ray wrote:
frankie big face wrote:
Caravan Ray wrote:
Damn, I was hoping you my model my new merch on stage at Atlanta
I'm sure whatever you created to make a joke at my expense was hilarious but your link doesn't work.
oops - let's try that again

http://www.cafepress.com/caravanray
Why is your shirt $50 big ones!?
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

frankie big face wrote:
roymond wrote:On the other hand, the larger URL pimps the site and we all know how Frankie likes that ;)
I don't mind the SF URL--that makes sense. But I'm not too keen on the support our ribbons.com stamp, which is comparable to having the dealer where I bought my car put that metal plate on the back showing everyone where I bought it. I hate that.
roymond wrote: I wonder if the folks who stole them ever visited the site...or if they ever submitted songs...or if they're among us even now!
I hope so! But I'm afraid it's more likely that it was someone with "legitimate cause" magnets who was offended that someone might make light of something as serious as SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS.

Or just some kid at school.
I was SO offended when I found out they were magnets. I really didn't know until Roymond sent me one. That's when I discovered that ALL those ribbons are magnets. I mean, when you see END THE WAR, the person who stuck it on their car usually had enough conviction to risk ruining their paint job with an actual bumper sticker.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, but don't mess with my car. And besides that, I might change my mind.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

Spud wrote:
frankie big face wrote:
roymond wrote:On the other hand, the larger URL pimps the site and we all know how Frankie likes that ;)
I don't mind the SF URL--that makes sense. But I'm not too keen on the support our ribbons.com stamp, which is comparable to having the dealer where I bought my car put that metal plate on the back showing everyone where I bought it. I hate that.
roymond wrote: I wonder if the folks who stole them ever visited the site...or if they ever submitted songs...or if they're among us even now!
I hope so! But I'm afraid it's more likely that it was someone with "legitimate cause" magnets who was offended that someone might make light of something as serious as SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS.

Or just some kid at school.
I was SO offended when I found out they were magnets. I really didn't know until Roymond sent me one. That's when I discovered that ALL those ribbons are magnets. I mean, when you see END THE WAR, the person who stuck it on their car usually had enough conviction to risk ruining their paint job with an actual bumper sticker.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, but don't mess with my car. And besides that, I might change my mind.
:lol:
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Wages wrote:
erik wrote:I don't wear t-shirts that have words on them.

I would like a t-shirt that looks like this:

except a red shirt with white graphics.
Yeah, that's a cool graphic.

EDIT: I just ordered it. Sweet!
Caravan Ray wrote:
frankie big face wrote: I'm sure whatever you created to make a joke at my expense was hilarious but your link doesn't work.
oops - let's try that again

http://www.cafepress.com/caravanray
Why is your shirt $50 big ones!?
If you have to ask - you're not in my target demographic.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Now available at <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/songfight">cafepress</a> by request:

"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Post by wages »

I'd like a shirt that looked like this:

http://www.songfight.org/currentsong.php
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more