Kong: Skull Island

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Kong: Skull Island

Post by Lunkhead »

I watched this for free on a plane. It was so dumb, oh man. The Kong CGI bits though were kind of awesome. Also it did manage to capture a bit of the kind of fun of old 80s action movies like Predator, in that you don't know who's going to get killed at any moment.
vowlvom
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, keys, "other"
Recording Method: PC, reaper, ableton
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, Vom Vorton
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Kong: Skull Island

Post by vowlvom »

I enjoyed it way more than I expected! John C. Reilly totally steals every scene once he turns up. I actually got a bit emotional about the way his story ends, which I was not expecting from a monster movie.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Kong: Skull Island

Post by ujnhunter »

It looked cool and I'm not a big CGI guy. It was pointless as all hell though... like the director was sitting in a room with friends and coming up with "cool" scenes... "Yeah! Then Loki in a gas mask with a samurai sword flies slow motion through green fog slicing off giant tentacles of two legged monsters while running through the rib cage of a giant dead dinosaur!" 3 stars, but just for fun.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.