Ant Man and the Wasp

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Ant Man and the Wasp

Post by ken »

I saw this movie over the weekend and it was really fun! Lots of good San Francisco locations, effects were well integrated, and a good balance of action and humor. It isn't a spoiler to remind you to stay until the end!
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Ant Man and the Wasp

Post by Lunkhead »

We just watched this movie last night. It was fun and ok but I felt like it wasn't as good as the first one and it also felt fairly fluffy. The action was generally entertaining, but other than the Wasp's first fight scene, and one chase scene which mostly involved cars, I don't think they took advantage of the shrinking/growing gimmick as much or as well in as in the first movie. There was a lot of fighting between the heroes and one of the antagonists that used their powers which was cool but didn't hugely involve objects being bigger/smaller. On the other hand too many superhero movies/shows gets stuck in a rut of always pitting the protagonists against antagonists with the same abilities, so, at least it didn't do that again like in the first one. It kinda felt like a bunch of stuff is just happening really fast though and it was all a bit arbitrary, like it was all story and no plot. And then they foreshadowed there being some major or lasting consequences to the events near the end but there weren't any. Spoiler alert, everybody gets what they deserve at the end.