Avengers: Endgame

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Avengers: Endgame

Post by Lunkhead »

Wow, no thread for this one yet?!?! I guess it makes sense since I start all the TV/movie threads these days and I only just got around to seeing it tonight. Anybody else seen it? I thought it was long, very long, but also pretty good. It's fitting in to the whole development of the MCU well.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Re: Avengers: Endgame

Post by ken »

It took me a few weeks to see Endgame, and I'm kind of glad I didn't rush out to see it. Without too many spoilers, I didn't think the way they resolved the issue was good, but I don't have a better way to do it. I don't agree with the rules they put in place to make it happen that go against typical science fiction rules for that type of thing. I also have some newer issues with the mechanics of the power stone glove itself, which makes no sense. Why would you construct a machine that requires you to wear it and snap your fingers. Totally inefficient. There must be some other way to use that kind of magic. Anyway, it's over, and they wrapped it up pretty tight for a sprawling group of movies that all kind of fit together. Who knows how the next decade of movies will all fit together...
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

The snap thing, I don't know why they made it so that's the way people use the glove. In the comics, it was never like that. The snap was a gesture, but anybody with the stones can use them just by doing whatever. That seemed dumbed down for a mass audience. It gives the filmmakers a visual cue/gesture that anybody can understand. I get it's effective from that point of view but it really doesn't make sense.

Also the idea that there are things that even someone with all six stones _can't_ do is really dumb to me. Each one is supposed to give "infinite" power over some aspect of the universe. No caveats. So while on the one hand they're introducing some mechanics that seem like they make anything possible, they're also saying that somehow in spite of that some things are still not possible. Huh?

I'm concerned about what's to come in the MCU now. They've done an amazing job with it so far. Now they've introduced some mechanisms that generally backfire against bad writers and turn their stories/universes into garbage.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

I agree with that worry. Time travel makes for messy storytelling. It's a Pandora's Box that they can never close again. Welcome to the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Saw it last night with my wife... probably the last week it'll be in theaters, so just in time. We hadn't seen Captain Marvel yet and that just hit Blu-ray so luckily we were able to get in before having to wait for another Blu-ray viewing... seeing Spider-Man comes out in a couple weeks... you'd think Disney would get these releases Theater/Blu-ray sorted so that people could catch up before the next movie comes to the theaters...

I liked the movie... much better than the other Avengers movies to me... but the whole time travel and bringing characters back from the dead is pretty lame to me in movies/tv/books/stories/etc... as it's just an escape mechanism where nothing really matters as it can all apparently be "un-done" if the next writer so chooses.

So we've now got our setup for Guardians of the Galaxy 3... Quill is on a quest to find Gamora... Thor joining the crew to go back into space... maybe ties in the "Blacksmith" hammering sound at the end? Big ol' Peter Dinklage gonna make an appearance to forge some new weapons? Another Mjolnir perhaps since time traveling Captain America took the past Mjolnir back in time with him? Or someone else said they thought it was a throwback to Iron Man originally making his first armor in the cave? I don't know... anyone have any speculation?

Edit: My wife was crying when Tony did the thing... Iron Man is her favorite... and now with the Time Travel nonsense opening up a can of worms... she thinks he can come back... which I think isn't happening and would totally ruin everything if he did, but that's the type of stuff that Time Travel opens up for people... anyone can come back from the dead... why not? Though to make her feel better, I reminded her that at the begining of the movie Tony was going to die... alone... frozen in space with no oxygen... instead he got to spend 5 years with his family and bring all the people he loved back before inevitably dying and giving him a great character arc from someone who really didn't care about anyone else but himself in the first movie he was in to the person who ultimately cares about and saves everyone else.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Apparently they're going to send it _back_ to theaters with some new bonus stuff post-credits or something or other, in a blatant attempt to push it to the number one box office record ahead of Avatar or something. $$$

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame ... its-scene/
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Lunkhead wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm
Apparently they're going to send it _back_ to theaters with some new bonus stuff post-credits or something or other, in a blatant attempt to push it to the number one box office record ahead of Avatar or something. $$$

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame ... its-scene/
They can go fuck themselves with that.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.