Urgh! A Music War

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Urgh! A Music War

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

A shamefully out of print movie whose title certainly seems relevant here. Is anyone familiar with this film? For those not, it's a concert film of 30-40 bands of the day ('81 or '82 I think) all performing around the world on the same day. Some of it's dated, some of it timeless. Way too many artists too mention, but highlights include Police, DEVO, Klaus Nomi, Wall of Voodoo. The movie features several acts such as DKs, Surf Punks and others not on the soundtrack. Oldie but goodie as either inspiring history lesson or amusing time capsule.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Heard the soundtrack album but never saw it. XTC did "Respectable Street". Anyone got a copy of the movie?
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

I have a copy that appears to be made from a video store copy. It's a bit hissy in the begining but really not bad overall, not really DVD quality. I would be glad to make a copy and mail it to you, somewhere where maybe you don't want me to know that you live or whatever, as I can't see doing it over the computer. Maybe you could copy all or some, and then forward it to someone else interested. It might cost a buck to mail but it's worth seeing even if not worth keeping. A couple of performances stink, some are fantastic, most are a strong good.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.