Click

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Click

Post by mkilly »

Like Nacho Libre, it's entertaining enough. Seems really dumbed-down. For a blender analogy, it's one part Groundhog Day, one part A Christmas Carol, three parts Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison/Waterboy, and maybe five parts 50 First Dates and Big Daddy (because it's heavy on the sap). Some of the jokes are very bad and won't get any better with age, I'm confident. In other parts the script is tedious and unsympathetic. Chris Walken gives a good-ish kind of phoned-in performance, Henry Winkler does well with the material. The rest of the supporting cast is mostly forgettable, and it has that symptom where the leading lady is given essentially no mind of her own. I don't like the Hoff in the movie.

The best recommendation I can offer is that if I were at a party and somebody had rented this or owned it and put it on, I wouldn't leave the party and I wouldn't deliberately avoid watching it again. But sometimes watching bad movies is OK in the theater.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Angel of Rock
A New Player

Nacho Libre

Post by Angel of Rock »

It's for kids, but it has some good laughs. Jack Black did a good job. It has an alright plot, too. Still, it could be a bit better, but okay for what it is.
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

I heard it was half The Family Man, half Bruce Almighty. That kinda splits me on it, but The Hoff will probably be the deciding yes vote.