Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
himynameisntmark
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Bass.
Recording Method: GarageBand
Submitting as: Maggie Kanuka

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Post by himynameisntmark »

This movie rocked my world. Best of the five movies created thus far, in my opinion. Luna Lovegood is amazing and steals almost every scene she's in. Seventeen stars out of ten from me :D
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

We saw this last night. I thought overall it was decent. Some parts of it were really good and the parts that were bad were mostly just due to huge swaths of the book being cut out. Consequently many people/places/things appear on screen with little or shoddy explanation, specifically things like the room of requirement, Harry's occlumency lessons with Snape, what happened to Neville's parents, Sirius's family history, etc. I also wished that Lupin had been more prominent as I thought the guy who plays him was really great in HP&tPoA. Anyway, they kept the pace brisk and so it wasn't ever boring at least. I still like HP&tPoA best. B
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

I liked this a good bit. It did seem a bit short - the longest book made the shortest movie, M says, and although I didn't check the numbers it sounds about right. Luna was great and I look forward to seeing more of Tonks. Umbrage didn't look as ugly as she does in the book, but she had the personality down and the little "ahems" too. Yuk! Altogether enjoyable.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

It was short, but satisfying for me. The battle between You-Know-Who and Dumbledore at the end was pretty rad. They cut some pretty big chunks out, but I'm glad they didn't drag it out to another 3 hour epic. I give it an A.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Festering, mawkish, overwrought cinematography (lets show lots of long distance "we've got to get our money's worth for this helicopter" for endless minutes instead of a quick establishing shot and then cut to, oh I don't know, some fucking character interaction and development --which is what drew us to the storyline in the first place).

Phooey.
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

Dumbledore wasn't gay enough.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I have only just gotten round to seeing this. The first of the HP movies that I haven't been to opening night for (mumble...mumble...mumble...damn kids...mumble...)

Great movie! I really liked it.

It took the longest and (and worst) book of the series and made a really cool movie. I can imagine it may be a bit indecipherable to those who haven't read the books - but they can go and get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

I really liked Helena Bonham Carter's evil (and yet slightly raunchy) Belatrix Lestrange. And as mentioned earlier - the Luna girly was very good.

Second best movie of the series so far after Azkabahn.