The Gift of Music (SF's Holiday Cover Challenge)

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Would it be sacrilege of me to suggest that I much prefer the Caravan Ray of now to the Cavanreagh of old? I hear a lot more slow-burning passion in your stuff now (but I can't really judge based on a crappy ol' recording i guess).

And I say this in the full knowledge that you slag me off behind my back at the first opportunity ;) You're still not getting my vote in WiS though ..

J$
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Ha! - Yes, The Mess were more about attitude than any actual musical talent. We were 3 young boys who wanted to be rock stars - so we bought some crappy instruments and called ourselves a band. We got as drunk as possible (usually on free beer), got to talk to girls who would have normally ignored us and got paid to do it! Actually learning to play properly never actually came on the agenda (as can be seen in my "stunning" guitar work on that track!).

We always wanted to be an 'original' band - but ended up only playing ridiculously fast covers of Little Richard, Elvis, the Monkees etc. - because we could do that while we were drunk.

It helped that at the time I was the President of the Newcastle University Engineering Society and the bass player was President of the Uni Surf Club. We would use our 'official' positions to book ourselves to play at University functions, pay ourselves handsomely and for 2 years had a wonderful time at other peoples expense! Yeah.. rock and roll! \m/.
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

Sounds pretty much as described, and because there isn't a little tiny picture of a guy doing that satan rock finger thing yet, here is a question mark smiley instead: :?:
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Just a reminder, only ten more tracking days and those Gift Of Music songs are officially six months late...

Charles (who is TSIll waiting...)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs