hey listen to my new song (thread)

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.

Moderator: Mods

User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

hey listen to my new song (thread)

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:31 am

if JB has any probs with this bein' in this area you can move it or delete it... i figured it wasn't too bad a place

but if you have any new songs... that are not songfight related... but wouldn't mind feedback... or just to have it out here incase one of us wants to hear some of your new original works that may come out...

you can link it up in here...

(thank you tviyh for the idea :::bows:::)
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
frankie big face
Hachikō
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 pm
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Postby frankie big face » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:02 am

or you could link it up here: http://somesongs.com

not trying to be a jerk, but one long thread with lots of songs and comments seems disorganized and we have this other site just across the street which makes it all nice and neat.
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:01 am

frankie big face wrote:or you could link it up here: http://somesongs.com

not trying to be a jerk, but one long thread with lots of songs and comments seems disorganized and we have this other site just across the street which makes it all nice and neat.


errr duh... yea i keep forgetting other people on here own there own web-space...

the only problem with me is i'm too poor to afford that... i have soundclick... that's it... well and sectionz but that is member only...

so i can't get my songs on somesongs... (tis why i usually link mine into monkey affairs...)

(anyways if all else fails... you could just use this thread to aware people of a new song...)... to look up on somesongs or somethin'... wouldn't hurt
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
frankie big face
Hachikō
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 pm
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Postby frankie big face » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:31 am

Poor June wrote:so i can't get my songs on somesongs... (tis why i usually link mine into monkey affairs...)


maybe i'm confused, but if you can "link it" in monkey affairs, why can't you link it on somesongs?
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:33 am

frankie big face wrote:
Poor June wrote:so i can't get my songs on somesongs... (tis why i usually link mine into monkey affairs...)


maybe i'm confused, but if you can "link it" in monkey affairs, why can't you link it on somesongs?


it isn't a direct link... it's a link to a page where you can stream it... and/or d/l only if you're a member... so yea...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
frankie big face
Hachikō
Posts: 1781
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:26 pm
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face
Location: Lancaster, PA
Contact:

Postby frankie big face » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:35 am

oh.
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:37 am

uhm... i can't 'direct' link it... i can only link to the page that can streams it...

the stream doesn't end with .mp3 or whatever... so somesongs won't accept that...
the addi has to have a certain format ending...

atleast from the best of my knowledge
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
jack
Scrappy Dappy
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:41 am
Location: santa cruz, ca.

Postby jack » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:52 am

poor june...you can get free webspace here to host a few of your songs. i think they only give 25mb of space with the free accounts (and you'll have a lycos banner in it), but it is free and i've used this site for a number of sites i've built in the past. 25mb is enough for 4-5 songs, and you can always swap them out and rotate them.
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:09 pm

jack shite wrote:poor june...you can get free webspace here to host a few of your songs. i think they only give 25mb of space with the free accounts (and you'll have a lycos banner in it), but it is free and i've used this site for a number of sites i've built in the past. 25mb is enough for 4-5 songs, and you can always swap them out and rotate them.


they won't kick me off that site if i direct link it to somesongs?

i direct linked a few songs threw angelfire... and it over-reached the bandwidth... and they terminated the service...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
jack
Scrappy Dappy
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:41 am
Location: santa cruz, ca.

Postby jack » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:12 pm

Poor June wrote:
jack shite wrote:poor june...you can get free webspace here to host a few of your songs. i think they only give 25mb of space with the free accounts (and you'll have a lycos banner in it), but it is free and i've used this site for a number of sites i've built in the past. 25mb is enough for 4-5 songs, and you can always swap them out and rotate them.


they won't kick me off that site if i direct link it to somesongs?

i direct linked a few songs threw angelfire... and it over-reached the bandwidth... and they terminated the service...


they give you a gigabyte of monthly bandwidth. i'd think that would be plenty for you :)
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:14 pm

how many plays a month would a gigabyte handle O_o...

i know on my soundclick page i get anywhere from 3 to 500 plays a month
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
roymond
Owney
Posts: 5098
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:42 pm
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Guitar Rig 5, Rig Kontrol 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, iPad3, Apogee Jam
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank
Location: brooklyn
Contact:

Postby roymond » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:17 pm

So, this is a thread about the concept of linking to a page with non-songfight songs and a suggestion that one might use this thread for that concept, and yet you don't link to a page of your songs which are not songfight songs and which you can't link to via somesongs, which is why this was such a groovy concept to begin with and you bow to tviyh for such a brain storm and so here's a thread that FINALLY allows people to do such a thing, if they might want to and they can't achieve such an effect otherwise, but here it is?

So, did I miss your link? Cause I see a thread where you can do that, and thus if there's such an urgent need I would expect to see such a link, but yet I don't see one so now I'm confused.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Congratulatons, roymond; you finally managed to write a song I don't really care for." - Märk
User avatar
jack
Scrappy Dappy
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:41 am
Location: santa cruz, ca.

Postby jack » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:18 pm

divide 1000 by the size of your average file.
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:21 pm

roymond wrote:So, this is a thread about the concept of linking to a page with non-songfight songs and a suggestion that one might use this thread for that concept, and yet you don't link to a page of your songs which are not songfight songs and which you can't link to via somesongs, which is why this was such a groovy concept to begin with and you bow to tviyh for such a brain storm and so here's a thread that FINALLY allows people to do such a thing, if they might want to and they can't achieve such an effect otherwise, but here it is?

So, did I miss your link? Cause I see a thread where you can do that, and thus if there's such an urgent need I would expect to see such a link, but yet I don't see one so now I'm confused.


high hints of sarcasm going on... it wasn't meant to be a concept of that... but oh well... and it can also be a thread just to announce a new song on somesongs...
but i was just putting something up for it...
there is no thread for hey i have a new song sort of thing...
it wouldn't be half bad to have something
where people can know when you have something original up

(sorry to have pissed you off)
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:39 pm

jack... i tried your suggestion... it isn't workin'... the link is goin' to a page about remote loading... and how it's somethin' that will get you terminated...

and it won't stream the song off of somesongs (link is right... really odd)
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
jack
Scrappy Dappy
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:41 am
Location: santa cruz, ca.

Postby jack » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:01 pm

yeah, your right. i tested it with one of mine too. sorry PJ. i tried to help but i guess i'm not much help after all.
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain
User avatar
Southwest_Statistic
Rin-Tin-Tin
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:48 pm
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Postby Southwest_Statistic » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:06 pm

Also... got finished re-processing "Hobbes - Left/Right" a while back, just taking into consideration the sugestions of the songfighters. Reducing reverb on the snare, taking out some of the hissing esses in the vocal tracks, upping bass volume, using a different distortion for the guitar and the like...

http://69.244.191.218:82/media/music/ho ... _right.mp3

Thought you guys might want to see that... As a side note here's something new me and my buddy Jeremy did. What you are gonna hear is all live takes without any pitch correction or cutting anything up. Just dropping tracks in. It's pretty sweet.

http://69.244.191.218:82/media/music/so ... e_live.mp3

And then the one with some crowd noise added for the fun of pushing the "live" factor.

http://69.244.191.218:82/media/music/so ... e_live.mp3
User avatar
roymond
Owney
Posts: 5098
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:42 pm
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Guitar Rig 5, Rig Kontrol 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, iPad3, Apogee Jam
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank
Location: brooklyn
Contact:

Postby roymond » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:22 pm

Poor June wrote:(sorry to have pissed you off)

I wasn't pissed off PJ, just sort of amused with the "here's something just in case" thread. In retrospect I guess I went a little far. And you did tell JB to delete it if he felt like it, but then that's another thing for him to do. Oh shit, now I'm the one...but hey...I should just shut up and review puppies already.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Congratulatons, roymond; you finally managed to write a song I don't really care for." - Märk
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:55 pm

roymond wrote:
Poor June wrote:(sorry to have pissed you off)

I wasn't pissed off PJ, just sort of amused with the "here's something just in case" thread. In retrospect I guess I went a little far. And you did tell JB to delete it if he felt like it, but then that's another thing for him to do. Oh shit, now I'm the one...but hey...I should just shut up and review puppies already.


i just don't think it's that bad an idea to have a thread presenting a new song is up of somebodies... there is really no thread for that...
and no one is goin' go searching for no ones new song...
people constantly post songs all over the place on this forum... it wouldn't hurt to have another place to do that... where someone could come and see links... but of course everyone is really deadset against that...
cause we automatically know when something new is posted on somesongs... or we know exactly when you decide to make something new... cause we have some sort of foresight

i was just saying he could... he doesn't have to... that's upto him... no hard feelings if he does... just don't think it's a bad idea... and i don't see the extremely huge deal...

(and it's cool it just seemed a little on the piss'd side...)
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:04 pm

Southwest_Statistic wrote:Also... got finished re-processing "Hobbes - Left/Right" a while back, just taking into consideration the sugestions of the songfighters. Reducing reverb on the snare, taking out some of the hissing esses in the vocal tracks, upping bass volume, using a different distortion for the guitar and the like...

http://69.244.191.218:82/media/music/ho ... _right.mp3

Thought you guys might want to see that... As a side note here's something new me and my buddy Jeremy did. What you are gonna hear is all live takes without any pitch correction or cutting anything up. Just dropping tracks in. It's pretty sweet.

http://69.244.191.218:82/media/music/so ... e_live.mp3

And then the one with some crowd noise added for the fun of pushing the "live" factor.

http://69.244.191.218:82/media/music/so ... e_live.mp3


i'm loving the left-right song... dude... you're good

live
slunicko moje

despite the pop punk sort of sound of stuff... i really dig this stuff... and i think you will go a shitload of places... you definately have ability in so many aspects... i can't ever really find anything wrong with your songs.. you put a lot into 'em...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
Poor June
Benji
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Walkertown, NC
Contact:

Postby Poor June » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:11 am

:-)... i'm gonna use this thread woop...

anyways i have a new song...
it's called 'Dear Dora'

it's basically made to be like an instrumental with a chorus... go figure... but i'd love to hear someone else opinion on it... if you are one of those people that may like to inform your thoughts :::blinks::: please haha

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">Dear Dora</a>
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle



<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorjunemusic.htm">music page</a>
User avatar
fluffy
Boo
Posts: 9468
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:56 am
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Location: The Plaidlands (also, Seattle)
Contact:

Postby fluffy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:04 pm

God, I feel like I've stumbled into Livejournal. Someone needs to start posting pictures of them cutting themselves while wearing a Hello Kitty t-shirt or something.

Return to “Sidefights and Highlights”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests