Hxaro del Stinko

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Hxaro del Stinko

Post by ken »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:Hxaro del Stinko

Berkely Social Scene - Whale - Now, I know that Glennny is a fan of this song, so I'm sure he put the squeeze on you guys to do this. But wow, what a great bit of togetherness it ended up as. I have no idea how the first half is assembled, but love the almost percolating percussion of it, all mando'd out and sounding like a sitar. I almost thought that was my voice spliced in at the start, and know it's Glennny when it goes higher, still him down low? The rock part is great, showing how the drums should be played, and I love the lead trade offs, not being able to pick a fave of the bunch. Pacific coast whale showing me how it's done.
I just reread this and re-listened to this song. I'm pretty sure that is Sam singing the low vocal in the first part of the verse. Just wanted to be sure credit is given where it is due.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang