songs about pirates?

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

songs about pirates?

Post by king_arthur »

Hey, all -

I just finished shooting the video for a high school play called "Pirates: A Love Story" at the school where the Mrs. teaches, and will be editing together the DVD of the play.

Seems like there must be some songs about Pirates in the archives, and I'm thinking I'd like to find something I could play over the outro credits. It would need to be, y'know, "family safe" and the author would need to be somebody who's still around SF and would be willing to give permission to use the song... sorry, there's no money to be made, but I'll list you in the credits and send you a copy of the DVD when it's done.

Any suggestions? The main story lines involve a bunch of bumbling boy pirates and a fierce group of girl pirates who take on the job of training the boy pirates; the love story part has to do with two brothers who own a sugar plantation, but the fiancee of one of them is trying to convince them that it's wrong to own slaves, that they should go into the shipping business instead (despite all the pirates around). The song doesn't have to touch on those two specific story lines, but it should be about pirates...

Thanks,
Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Re: songs about pirates?

Post by Niveous »

Pieces of Eight would probably be a good place to start.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Okay, so I went and searched the Lyrics thread for "pirate" and found MC Eric B's "Grey Rainbow" which is just exactly what I was looking for... and I've been in touch and am all permissioned up and everything :-)

Niv, thanks for the suggestion... I had a feeling there was at least one "pirate" themed title we'd had...

Charles
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

For the record, Octothorpe's "Do it for Captain" is about pirates.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening