Game of Thrones final season dead pool (spoiler alert)

Blab about the Boob Tube.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Game of Thrones final season dead pool (spoiler alert)

Post by Lunkhead »

The final season is coming! Who are your picks to die? My first inclination is "everybody" of course!

Also, spoiler alert if you haven't watched through the end of season 7 yet. Some info below may spoil things for you.

The Knight King - I doubt they're going to end it with a permanent Long Night, so, this guy's gotta go, probably at the end of the second act of the final episode, leaving 20-30 minutes for an epilogue

House Lannister - ending the whole house of Lannister would probably be good for whatever world is left after the season is over
Jamie Lannister - he's finally had a change of heart and decided to go do the heroic thing, I'm thinking he'll die in battle with the dead in the North
Cersei Lannister - if they don't kill her off that would be nearly as bad as the dead vanquishing the living, I don't think it will be Jamie that kills her, see above, maybe it will be Tyrion
Tyrion Lannister - this show loves delivering emotional gut punches to the audience and I bet this would be a big one

House Targaryen - I suspect this house will survive, but maybe only in the form of a newborn child
Jon Snow - I'd put his odds at 50/50, mostly because it seems like it would be uncharacteristically upbeat if he made it through, but, who knows, he's survived death once
Daenarys - same here, if they have her get pregnant with Jon's baby though (which seemed to be foreshadowed by a conversation they had) I'd say she's toast

House Stark - the three kids left are definitely survivors but I don't think they'll all make it
Sansa Stark - I think she'll force Arya to flee Winterfell with Bran, and then stay behind to lead the fight against the dead, but, ultimately lose

House Greyjoy - I think one of the younger generation will survive
Huron Grejyoy - this guy sucks, please kill him
Yara or Theon - I don't think they'll both make it but I'm not sure who will bite it

There are still so many characters left alive in spite of the show's fervor for slaying characters. They've only got six episodes so I don't know how many of the remaining folks can be killed off with their deaths having any real impact. Given how shoddy some of season 7 was I'm a bit concerned they're going to wipe out bunches of people at once in big battles, resulting in their deaths being sadly inconsequential. But significant loose ends to tie up include:

Ser Davos - I'd say his odds are not good
Melisandre - supposedly she's coming back, if so I bet she dies
Brienne of Tarth, The Hound, etc. - a lot of amazing warriors will probably die in battle
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Game of Thrones final season dead pool (spoiler alert)

Post by ujnhunter »

Bronn? Sam? Podrick FTW!
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

A new trailer came out and it's making me think they're going to wipe out most of the remaining "heroes" en masse in an epic battle against the dead at Winterfell.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

How very Shakespearean.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

given the way things are going, the top of my deadpool list is HBO itself.

(AT&T has not been good for them. Most of the folks I worked with have either left or been laid off, and even Richard Plepler, the long-time CEO, is gone now.)
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

fluffy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm
given the way things are going, the top of my deadpool list is HBO itself.

(AT&T has not been good for them. Most of the folks I worked with have either left or been laid off, and even Richard Plepler, the long-time CEO, is gone now.)
Aw man. That sounds rough. :(
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

I guess I should be grateful to some degree that Pandora didn't get acquired by a telco. :/
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Yay!! I finally worked out how VPN works so that I can watch this as it comes out with a HBO subscription!!!!

My only other option in the past was to wait for the series to finish in the US - then buy it on iTunes.

(HBO is blocked in Aus and Foxtel has the rights to GoT - so there is no way I am giving any of my hard-earneds to the slimy Mr Murdoch to subscribe to his grubby tv station)
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Funnily enough - along with GoT - I have also been watching recently Upstart Crow and The End of the F****ing World - both wonderful shows - and both featuring the surprisingly versatile Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy). Both shows gave me a “who is that actress? I seen here somewhere else???? Wtf!!! That’s the sheila from GoT!!!” - moment.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

I can't believe nobody has died yet! They are really stringing us along, giving us all these feel-good moments with the surviving likable characters. It's going to make watching nearly all of them get slaughtered that much more intense. It feels like it would be anticlimactic and leave too much time left to go deal with Cersei if they do manage to kill the Knight King in the upcoming battle. It also feels like the Knight King wouldn't be so dumb as to go alone to Bran and make himself vulnerable enough to be killed. I'm guessing we'll see some dragon-on-dragon battle. I think things are not looking great for Bran if he's the Knight King's #1 target. And I think time's really up for Jamie, Brienne, Podrick, Gendry, The Hound, Tormund, flaming sword guy, other guy that travels with flaming sword guy and Tormund, Davos, and probably Theon, maybe Sam and his family. Oof. It's going to be grim.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

Theon and Sansa seem to be being set up as a couple! That’s a bit weird!
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Lunkhead wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:33 pm
The Knight King - I doubt they're going to end it with a permanent Long Night, so, this guy's gotta go, probably at the end of the second act of the final episode, leaving 20-30 minutes for an epilogue

Sansa Stark - I think she'll force Arya to flee Winterfell with Bran, and then stay behind to lead the fight against the dead, but, ultimately lose

House Greyjoy - I think one of the younger generation will survive
Yara or Theon - I don't think they'll both make it but I'm not sure who will bite it

Melisandre - supposedly she's coming back, if so I bet she dies
My guesses are not holding up very well, but I was sort of right about a couple???
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

On the HBO-itself side of things, the SVP of Digital Products (i.e. the person who ran HBO Seattle) has now left, as have the last few people who were in the department I was in. I don't think anyone I worked with is there anymore, except maybe one of the engineers who possibly moved to another department. Also my skip-level manager is still there, so maybe he's ready to take the iron throne.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Wow, so much disappointing writing with really out-of-left-field turns for core characters. They've been putting on some amazing spectacle though. Just one episode left!
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop

Post by ujnhunter »

I think I'm in the minority or at least the vocal minority for being totally fine and happy that Dany turned out to be exactly what I thought she would be... then again I was never in the "Team Dany" camp and had no vested interest in her being the "Hero". I'm a "Team Hound" guy myself and was happy to see that epic battle. Now hopefully Arya can kill Dany and her dragon to finally rid the world of the evils of "Fire" & "Ice". Then Jon can decline to take the throne and let Tyrion & Sansa be King & Queen. :P Sansa obviously learned a lot from Littlefinger and totally "won" the Game of Thrones.
-Ujn Hunter
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

I was hoping Cersei would win. I am soooooo tired of Jon Snow and his emo nonsense. All he had to do is not blather his feelings all over every time a thought popped into his tiny head, and he’d be bangin’ Dany, co-ruling the world, and a heck of a lot of people would still be alive.

If you change the editing to be less favorable to his “nice guy side” and cast a less handsome actor, people would realize he’s a villain, too. Just because he kills people through incompetence instead of malice doesn’t mean he should get a free pass. Ugh.

/spicytakesbymike
thirdcatmusic
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: Third Cat
Pronouns: they/them

Post by thirdcatmusic »

I don't hate the final season as much as some (my girlfriend is furious) - but I agree with the critics that it's a bit rushed in contrast with the early seasons and while I totally buy that Dany went crazy, I think they could have fleshed out that development a bit better. Still; I'm hyped for the final episode tomorrow night.
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

The only thing that could have saved that train-wreck would have been Cersei coming back as a zombie. It's as if they couldn't afford the LOST writers.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man

Post by ujnhunter »

Guys, it's like the end of Lord of the Rings... how can you possibly make the "end of the journey" with everyone "going their own ways" satisfying? It's an impossible task. For a show built on Characters and "Shock Value". Obviously it's going to peter out. Unless you wanted Jon Snow to jump on Drogon and nuke the world while being all emo about killing his favorite Auntie lover.
-Ujn Hunter