Blab about the Boob Tube.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

His Dark Materials

Post by crumpart »

Anyone else watching? These are among my absolute favourite books, and I am Very Excited.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: His Dark Materials

Post by owl »

I don't have access to it (no BBC/HBO) but I am excited by proxy because I love these books too and I hope the adaptation is good! I did download the new book! But I haven't started reading it because I got distracted by another book!
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

I watched some of the first episode but didn't get hooked. I read the books a while ago and vaguely remember I would start it out thinking, "meh" and then read the whole thing and get the next one. I may be having the same reaction to this adaptation.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

owl wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:12 pm
I don't have access to it (no BBC/HBO) but I am excited by proxy because I love these books too and I hope the adaptation is good! I did download the new book! But I haven't started reading it because I got distracted by another book!
I am VERY MUCH enjoying it so far. I don't know how much you want to know about it, but one thing that I think is great is that apparently it's two short seasons for the whole three books, and they've already started including elements from The Subtle Knife into the second episode. A good pacing choice I think for this kind of adaptation overall.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
thirdcatmusic
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Submitting as: Third Cat
Pronouns: they/them

Post by thirdcatmusic »

I loved the books, enjoying the show so far, quite a good adaptation I think. I didn't realize it was only two seasons, but I guess that makes sense with the pacing they've got going on.
owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by owl »

Thanks to a kind friend I've now been able to watch the first episode of this--so far, so good! I'm halfway into the latest book too and enjoying it lots. I always forget how much I love coming back to this world and Pullman's writing.