Blab about the Boob Tube.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- You're No Good
- Posts: 7617
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:14 pm
- Instruments: many
- Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
- Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
- Pronouns: he/him
- Location: Berkeley, CA
We just finished watching both seasons of this show over the last month. We loved it! It's corny and slaptstick at times, in a way that felt true to the original trilogy. Overall it felt really really well done on all counts, except a bit of the acting here and there (Gina Corano is pretty wooden, and Rosario Dawson was pretty blah). The storytelling is really great, and, they've set up so many possible new Star Wars shows, for better or worse. (I'm not sure what the point of a Boba Fett show will be, but whatever.) This was easily the most entertaining Star Wars content for me personally by a million miles, since the original trilogy. A
- Ice Cream Man
- Posts: 1711
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:09 pm
- Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
- Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
- Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
- Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty
- Location: CT, USA
I'm finally up to Season 2, starting Episode 2 next... This seemed like a sure fire homerun series for someone like me, but it took me slogging through the first 4(?) episodes (until they get to the planet with the AT-ST in the forest) for me to get interested. I think it's very slow... however, once I got to Episode 5 (I think) I've been enjoying it. Seeing
the first Episode of Season 2 and the ending of it has me excited to see the rest, even if the internet has spoiled Season 2's ending for me already.
Timothy Olyphant as The Marshall sure was fun being a Deadwood fan, in
Though they're right, Sebastian Stan should have played Luke instead of Mr. Bad CGI Face.
- Push Comes to Shove
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:42 pm
- Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
- Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
- Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory
- Pronouns: he/him
- Location: I wish I was at an ocean beach
Well I really enjoyed it, apart from the end of the first season
and look, I know that in the second season
where the Mando took his helmet off for IG-11, and gave the viewers at home a gratuitous face-shot.
because honestly in the first season they could have
he gets his lid off a few times, but by then it's not gratuitous - it's a part of the storytelling and development of Mando's character, and the way he has to challenge his own sense of self in support of little bebbe yoda
had him remove his helmet so IG-11 could fix him up, but position the camera so the viewer couldn't see his face. I wanted to honour that mystery longer
- Beat It
- Posts: 5259
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:14 pm
- Instruments: Synths
- Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
- Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
- Location: Maryland USA
I loved it, with the spaghetti western/star wars vibe, and the score really bore that out. totally enjoyed it in english with my family and then watched it again in italian on my own.